Drive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 31) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 31, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order February 5 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip) - $42.99 (Single Lenti) - $43.99 (Double Lenti) - $149.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set
Note:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab x Rory Kurtz features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
One Click: Scorpion jacket design fabric cover with inner box. 600 sets, Numbered 1-600. (Limited to 1 copy per order).
Full Slip: Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

DRV_FS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_LS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_DLS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_overall_box_5000x.jpg
135172765_223627392633323_7272614196534738734_o.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure the slips will look nice in hand too, as that's where it's really important, when you can actually see them.
Unless the lenti art changes when they're held I don't see how that's possible.
Because I can see the art just fine right now. It's only the finish that make the product better or not in hand, but that doesn't have much bearing on lenticular slips.

I think I’m going to wait for Plain Archive, even with the possibility that PA might not release Drive after all. I like the Manta Lab Steelbook, but that’s it. If the Fullslip wouldn’t be so artsy fartsy I’d be more interested.

I'm partially blind whenever it comes to anything Drive so I dig it ALL... OC it is!!! :D Very happy to see the Box being the scorpion jacket afterall and dang, that steelbook is lush :drool: FS is my pick of the bunch and I love the fact they've gone with different fonts for each title as already mentioned too, lovely touch indeed :oohyeah:

I'm partially blind whenever it comes to anything Drive so I dig it ALL... OC it is!!! :D Very happy to see the Box being the scorpion jacket afterall and dang, that steelbook is lush :drool: FS is my pick of the bunch and I love the fact they've gone with different fonts for each title as already mentioned too, lovely touch indeed :oohyeah:

This is like I could've written it, lol. :drool::LOL:

I didn't take any chances on this one so jumped on 1-click gb. Will try and get just the FS when it goes live on Feb 5th.

Unless the lenti art changes when they're held I don't see how that's possible.
Because I can see the art just fine right now. It's only the finish that make the product better or not in hand, but that doesn't have much bearing on lenticular slips.

Yes, the finish of the slips, like the finish of the box (I imagine will look nice), but if you already don't like the art then it shouldn't really matter as you would surely pass on it unless you desperately want the steelbook itself.

Reactions: DMD4k
no ones attacked the people for liking it, just stated what they don’t like about it. If you like it, great, enjoy!
Most important part.

If someone truly likes the release and someone doesn’t, then it shouldn’t really bother them when someone expresses their dislike or critique.

Reactions: Flloydo
So we're supposed to be ecstatic about a slip that has car dashboards with out of focus roads? Nothing wrong with expecting something better from a company like this. We're paying lots and lots of money for some movie packaging, so it's pretty justified if people expect that packaging to be great.
How can you have both the dashboard and the road on focus?
This constant bashing is unbearable to me.
Oh and ofc one thing is: "I don't like it" and one is "it's complete rubbish".
Generally speaking eh...

How can you have both the dashboard and the road on focus?
This constant bashing is unbearable to me.
Oh and ofc one thing is: "I don't like it" and one is "it's complete rubbish".
Generally speaking eh...
I meant that a large part of the slip is out of focus because of the design and therefore pretty boring. I never said that it's complete rubbish. IMO the DL has some potential but is ultimately just boring, and the Single lenti is just weird. However I do really really love the fullslip, it's unique and fits wel with the steel IMO. The 'bashing' isn't something that HDN members just do all the time, it's the release. Nobody bashed Inglorious Basterds from Manta lab, because it was simply an awesome release.