Drive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 31) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 31, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order February 5 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip) - $42.99 (Single Lenti) - $43.99 (Double Lenti) - $149.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set
Note:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab x Rory Kurtz features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
One Click: Scorpion jacket design fabric cover with inner box. 600 sets, Numbered 1-600. (Limited to 1 copy per order).
Full Slip: Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

DRV_FS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_LS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_DLS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_overall_box_5000x.jpg
135172765_223627392633323_7272614196534738734_o.jpg

Last edited:
Every time there is a release we have the usual suspects in back and forth arguments on what looks better and what doesn't. :LOL:

Art is subjective and nobody has to like what someone else does or doesn't for that matter.

I personally love Alice Zhang's work and the full slip is a stunner for me. :Snap:

They have butchered Alices work though! I appreciate what they’ve tried to attempt but they’ve ruined the original

You host GBs for them so let’s be honest, you’re never going to say a bad thing or admit you’re not happy with an art choice

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83 and DMD4k
I meant that a large part of the slip is out of focus because of the design and therefore pretty boring. I never said that it's complete rubbish. IMO the DL has some potential but is ultimately just boring, and the Single lenti is just weird. However I do really really love the fullslip, it's unique and fits wel with the steel IMO. The 'bashing' isn't something that HDN members just do all the time, it's the release. Nobody bashed Inglorious Basterds from Manta lab, because it was simply an awesome release.
Awesomeness and boredom are subjective.
I think your post is boring, it does not means it is to everyone. I think this release is awesome, but others don't.

Reactions: zeebeer
I meant that a large part of the slip is out of focus because of the design and therefore pretty boring. I never said that it's complete rubbish. IMO the DL has some potential but is ultimately just boring, and the Single lenti is just weird. However I do really really love the fullslip, it's unique and fits wel with the steel IMO. The 'bashing' isn't something that HDN members just do all the time, it's the release. Nobody bashed Inglorious Basterds from Manta lab, because it was simply an awesome release.

I don’t think anyone bashed OUATIH either except a bit of dislike toward the full slip until it was in hand. The bashing came when we received another one click with poor lentis (well I liked the orange one but I know some still weren’t happy - the DL was abysmal though)
BoP didn’t really get a bashing either. Great art all around on that one.

Can’t really remember Dunkirk getting a bashing either. At least not to this degree.

it does make me laugh though when someone likes something and they take it straight to heart when someone else isn’t happy with the art choices/ design etc, even if they are being pro active in feedback on how stuff could improve or what art they’d of preferred. Like your not allowed an opinion on stuff your spending £50-£150 on. So weird

Reactions: zeebeer
I don’t think anyone bashed OUATIH either except a bit of dislike toward the full slip until it was in hand. The bashing came when we received another one click with poor lentis (well I liked the orange one but I know some still weren’t happy - the DL was abysmal though)
BoP didn’t really get a bashing either. Great art all around on that one.

Can’t really remember Dunkirk getting a bashing either. At least not to this degree.

it does make me laugh though when someone likes something and they take it straight to heart when someone else isn’t happy with the art choices/ design etc, even if they are being pro active in feedback on how stuff could improve or what art they’d of preferred. Like your not allowed an opinion on stuff your spending £50-£150 on. So weird
True, I used IB as an example because that's considered one of mantas greatest releases (at least that's the consensus from my perspective), but if I'm correct someone here said that 'coming on HDN is hard because of all the constant negativity'. Point I was trying to make is that we're not negative but critical, and good releases do get praise here too. All these comments about the negativity are just bs IMO. Most people don't like it, so what. I love Only God Forgives but most people hate it. Not going to complain about all the 'unbearable' negativity around it.

Reactions: Flloydo
They have butchered Alices work though! I appreciate what they’ve tried to attempt but they’ve ruined the original

You host GBs for them so let’s be honest, you’re never going to say a bad thing or admit you’re not happy with an art choice
I host GB's so I won't say a bad thing or admit I am not happy with an artistic choice?????? Dude, I don't know what you know about me but please stop assuming things.

What does it have to do with me hosting GB's? I am looking for someone to host GB's for EU region. Are you the guy? You can host and talk **** if you like. The issue is it's just ranting and not constructive feedback. You want everyone to be aligned with your opinion on what is worthy of being in a collection or not.

I host GB's so I won't say a bad thing or admit I am not happy with an artistic choice?????? Dude, I don't know what you know about me but please stop assuming things.

What does it have to do with me hosting GB's? I am looking for someone to host GB's for EU region. Are you the guy? You can host and talk **** if you like. The issue is it's just ranting and not constructive feedback. You want everyone to be aligned with your opinion on what is worthy of being in a collection or not.

ive literally never seen you say a bad things about a release you’ve hosted a GB for. Been here years like you have and I’ve never seen it so I’d says that’s a pretty noticeable attribute you hold

There’s a lot of constructive feedback but because you and the guys who don’t like the people saying it’s not great and actually saying what they don’t like about it in a constructive way you pass it off a ranting lol. All whilst those same guys giving the feedback About what they don’t like are also saying what they do like about it. Like the steel design for example. It’s laughable how you all ignore those parts. Pretty constructive if you ask me

I really don’t care what’s in others collections or what others like or don’t. There’s plenty of stuff I like that others don’t and vice versa. It’s more of a biased reaction because someone “loves the film” That I find hilarious. A bit like how crazy fanboy DC and marvel fans are With each other.
And even some of the guys who are mega fans here (noodles/ mickle) have admitted to blinding liking it maybe more than some Because they are Huge drive fans yet explaining what they do and don’t like. But again that would be ignored. Even though it’s all been constructive

Last edited:
Reactions: DMD4k
ive literally never seen you say a bad things about a release you’ve hosted a GB for. Been here years like you have and I’ve never seen it so I’d says that’s a pretty noticeable attribute you hold

There’s a lot of constructive feedback but because you and the guys who don’t like the people saying it’s not great and actually saying what they don’t like about it in a constructive way you pass it off a ranting lol. All whilst those same guys giving the feedback About what they don’t like are also saying what they do like about it. Like the steel design for example. It’s laughable how you all ignore those parts. Pretty constructive if you ask me
did I say anything bad about the multitude of releases I have never hosted a GB for?? lol.

the steelbook is perfect imo
the one-click box will be great im sure
the slips are nothing special... tbh i dont like any of them, but fs and dl might surprise me...

the perfect drive steelbook is already worth the price of a single edition to me and the box is a must have, so i feel totally fine buying the OC even if the slips turn out as bad as they look in the mockups

the steelbook is perfect imo
the one-click box will be great im sure
the slips are nothing special... tbh i dont like any of them, but fs and dl might surprise me...

the perfect drive steelbook is already worth the price of a single edition to me and the box is a must have, so i feel totally fine buying the OC even if the slips turn out as bad as they look in the mockups

Look @Aniv this was constructive like many more posts (including mine).

Or is this ruining people’s HDN experience having an opinion? :LOL: