Drive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 31) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 31, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order February 5 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip) - $42.99 (Single Lenti) - $43.99 (Double Lenti) - $149.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set
Note:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab x Rory Kurtz features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
One Click: Scorpion jacket design fabric cover with inner box. 600 sets, Numbered 1-600. (Limited to 1 copy per order).
Full Slip: Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

DRV_FS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_LS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_DLS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_overall_box_5000x.jpg
135172765_223627392633323_7272614196534738734_o.jpg

Last edited:
he was searching for the print
Print? It's known. It's in the OP or in collectong's web.

BTW the OP should be edited for a higher print. Manta themselves are grabbing a bit more money :D
1000 each single, 100 more OCs. Amount of single editions remaining the same.

• Haha
Reactions: hatredhorror
Nobody should be surprised by high prices on these items anymore.
It used to annoy me too but I don't care anymore. Most steelbooks are hiked up nowadays, from your zavvi's to your Manta's. I position myself to be in with a shot at grabbing something at retail price and if I miss out then that's life. What they do isn't illegal so nothing will ever change and if the same people who do this are also the same people who go out of their way to help you to get one... swings & roundabouts.

Reactions: DMD4k
Print? It's known. It's in the OP or in collectong's web.

Blake Shelton Television GIF by The Voice

*sigh* he was searching ebay for the mondo print of rory kurtz... check his link, it shows he entered "drive rory" not "drive manta lab".. i was using the same search occasionally in order to find a reasonably priced print...

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Oh I see. Well, he stumbled on a can o' worms.
Still, good info came from it :D

Now tell me why the max will be $500, ever.

evil smile GIF

• Haha
Oh I see. Well, he stumbled on a can o' worms.
Still, good info came from it :D

Now tell me why the max will be $500, ever.

evil smile GIF
because the vast majority of one-clicks that ever surpassed 500$ are much rarer marvel / dc movies.. but yeah its just my opinion and it might end up being more expensive, its just super unlikely, considerung - lot of people are unhappy with the single editions - and not even fully happy with the OC - theres billion other drive releases - plain is releasing a 4k steel possibly - etc etc

Didn't look at who the seller was, thanks for pointing it out @StifflersDad .
I guess in this case the seller can 'justify' it since he helps out a lot of other people too. I don't agree with it, but I shouldn't have gone on a rant anyway. Couldn't stop myself this time.
And you're right @DMD4k , I shouldn't have said the thing about 'real collectors' as it doesn't completely make sense. However I do think that people who purely buy these to resell can't be called 'real collectors', since they only do it to make money and not to collect. But like I said that's not completely the case here as the seller contributes a lot to the community too. So if he wants to make some money, he kinda deserves it for his efforts IMO.
I'd still be a bit pissed if it's just a random guy who bought one copy to sell though.

Last edited:
I guess in this case the seller can 'justify' it since he helps out a lot of other people too. I don't agree with it, but I shouldn't have gone on a rant anyway. Couldn't stop myself this time.
And you're right @DMD4k , I shouldn't have said the thing about 'real collectors' as it doesn't completely make sense. However I do think that people who purely buy these to resell can't be called 'real collectors', since they only do it to make money and not to collect.
I don’t think that’s necessarily true. You can buy some edition you really want, but also have a really high price in mind that you would be willing to let go and put it on ebay. The listing can sit there for years, and you will be admiring your edition on the shelf at the same time. Then if someone wants to pay exorbitant price for your gem and buys it, well that’s the offer you can’t refuse;)
Collecting stuff like that was always partially about buying/selling/trading and swaping editions around. The prices are dictated by the market and I don’t think anyone should be blaming people for selling out of sale and print stuff for their fair market price.
In this case, it’s clear that this listing is there for more of a promotional use. People on ebay will see this crazy price and will try to google that and will find out about upcoming preorder. And maybe will find this page and sign up for HDN, so I don’t see any problems at all. And then of someone wants to pay that price, well that’s on them.

Oh don't worry, this topic comes up often!
And you're right @DMD4k , I shouldn't have said the thing about 'real collectors' as it doesn't completely make sense.
Of course it doesn't make sense. But it's used by almost everybody every time the topic breaks out. Just watch, it'll be used next time too. Look, you do it again here.
However I do think that people who purely buy these to resell can't be called 'real collectors', since they only do it to make money and not to collect.
How would you know that? How do you know if some ebayer selling at a higher price is a real collector or not? And how would you know if he/she is only selling or selling and collecting?
But like I said that's not completely the case here as the seller contributes a lot to the community too. So if he wants to make some money, he kinda deserves it for his efforts IMO.
Oh, so it's ok for a particular person to do it, but not for everybody? Why? Because you want to join his future GBs?? :naughty::naughty:
I'd still be a bit pissed if it's just a random guy who bought one copy to sell though.
Why would that matter to you what kind of situation the seller has on his/her hands?

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I don’t think that’s necessarily true. You can buy some edition you really want, but also have a really high price in mind that you would be willing to let go and put it on ebay. The listing can sit there for years, and you will be admiring your edition on the shelf at the same time. Then if someone wants to pay exorbitant price for your gem and buys it, well that’s the offer you can’t refuse;)
Very true. I've even done that with my Interstellar lenti from hdz. Didn't want to sell it but got an offer that was too good to refuse.
I was mainly aiming at the people who do it purely because of the business perspective, the people who don't have anything to do with collecting because of love for movies and their packaging. I've met a few of those online.
But you can never tell exactly which is the case with people and I judged too quickly this time and didn't hold myself back. With 2 extra thread pages as a result. What have I done?! :ohno:

No, no, don't leave on my account. I'll stop posting, I have to get some work done anyway :D

Oh don't worry, this topic comes up often!

Of course it doesn't make sense. But it's used by almost everybody every time the topic breaks out. Just watch, it'll be used next time too. Look, you do it again here.

How would you know that? How do you know if some ebayer selling at a higher price is a real collector or not? And how would you know if he/she is only selling or selling and collecting?

Oh, so it's ok for a particular person to do it, but not for everybody? Why? Because you want to join his future GBs?? :naughty::naughty:

Why would that matter to you what kind of situation the seller has on his/her hands?
I'm gonna stop with this now @DMD4k , you're completely destroying me:rofl: You're right about everything though.
As I said in my post above, my mistake. Have had a terrible 16 hours because of some people who have been raiding outside of my house and destroying stuff in the neighbourhood (just because some idiots don't agree with the new covid curfew here) so I lost controll a bit.

No, no, don't leave on my account. I'll stop posting, I have to get some work done anyway :D

I'm gonna stop with this now @DMD4k , you're completely destroying me:rofl: You're right about everything though.
As I said in my post above, my mistake. Have had a terrible 16 hours because of some people who have been raiding outside of my house and destroying stuff in the neighbourhood (just because some idiots don't agree with the new covid curfew here) so I lost controll a bit.
I'm the fastest message slinger this side of the Mississippi. I can even respond to a future message ahead of time.

Thats Good Patrick Stewart GIF