Drive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 31) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 31, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order February 5 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip) - $42.99 (Single Lenti) - $43.99 (Double Lenti) - $149.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set
Note:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab x Rory Kurtz features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
One Click: Scorpion jacket design fabric cover with inner box. 600 sets, Numbered 1-600. (Limited to 1 copy per order).
Full Slip: Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

DRV_FS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_LS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_DLS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_overall_box_5000x.jpg
135172765_223627392633323_7272614196534738734_o.jpg

Last edited:
If this were 4K, I would have justified the price (in line with others 4K Manta-Collectong releases).
4K is coming this year... But man, really... This is the best premium for this movie. I'm sure even the planned 4K Premiums aren't gonna be as beautiful as this

To be honest, $42-44 for a non 4k premium from manta is fairly reasonable imo. Especially one as popular as Drive. BoP DL was $48 and that didn't include a 4k disc either...

Would I have paid an extra $5-10 here for it to have included a 4k disc, yes, but that's unfortunately not an option.

Reactions: Mararagan
4K is coming this year... But man, really... This is the best premium for this movie. I'm sure even the planned 4K Premiums aren't gonna be as beautiful as this
I find all this hype really weird tbh. Before the preorder started and it sold out instantly (and has since been fetching high prices on ebay) people were quite negative towards this edition. From the "**** on hand on the Lenti full slip" to "why did Jackson Pollock design the Full slip?" to "look, it's an "It Follows" rip-off on the double lenti" I can barely remember a sigle person who liked this. I think all editions - except the one-click which I can't afford - look really really mediocre and that comes from a guy who bought 4 steelbooks of this already, including one 1/4 slip that features only a lamp :rofl:

I find all this hype really weird tbh. Before the preorder started and it sold out instantly (and has since been fetching high prices on ebay) people were quite negative towards this edition. From the "**** on hand on the Lenti full slip" to "why did Jackson Pollock design the Full slip?" to "look, it's an "It Follows" rip-off on the double lenti" I can barely remember a sigle person who liked this. I think all editions - except the one-click which I can't afford - look really really mediocre and that comes from a guy who bought 4 steelbooks of this already, including one 1/4 slip that features only a lamp :rofl:
Just because its sold out doesn't mean it's still not a turkey! :p

Just out of curiosity , has there ever been a premium release for Drive ?
If there wasn't that would explain the hype for this release that a premium label is releasing it.

I love that it comes with a fabric OC sleeve, and from what I have seen I am sure the FS will be the best looking one.
Due to previous manta purchases that involves lenticulars I am wary they might release yet another blurry SL and DL.

Just out of curiosity , has there ever been a premium release for Drive ?
If there wasn't that would explain the hype for this release that a premium label is releasing it.

Front of steel looks like sh*t, back cover is nice though :shipped:

Fullslip looks great, and so does the lenti.
Never knew Nova released it

Reactions: hatredhorror
People are more in love with the prices editions fetch on ebay rather than artwork these days.

People are more in love with the prices editions fetch on ebay rather than artwork these days.

Have people ever been caught from HDN flipping these damn things on ebay, and if so do they get banned??? :hilarious:
You won't find me on ebay I am from the Netherlands and none of those for sale are from my country, So I am good!:coffee:

I see listings from China, UK, Germany, Croatia and France

Not my case :squint:

Same here I collect One Clicks mostly.
So far I haven't sold anything from my collection other than some random steelbooks and regular blurays.

There are multiple reasons why this sold out quick:
1. It’s Drive - every limited edition always sells out for this movie.
2. Steelbook with Rory Kurtz art - the poster is super popular and valuable. Some people who collect just posters bought this steelbook only because of that.
3. Full Sip with art by Alice Zhang. She’s getting very popular in a poster collecting world too. IMO she’s very good. Same reasons as above.
4. Unique One Clicks like that from Manta are always gorgeous.