Drive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 31) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 31, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order February 5 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip) - $42.99 (Single Lenti) - $43.99 (Double Lenti) - $149.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set
Note:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab x Rory Kurtz features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
One Click: Scorpion jacket design fabric cover with inner box. 600 sets, Numbered 1-600. (Limited to 1 copy per order).
Full Slip: Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. (Limited to 2 copies per order).
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

DRV_FS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_LS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_DLS_PACKSHOT_2000x.jpgDRV_overall_box_5000x.jpg
135172765_223627392633323_7272614196534738734_o.jpg

Last edited:
many thanks to @Aniv for the GB :thanks:, and also for the additional allocation :thumbs:. i got the last OC in the original batch through late noticing and bitten nails :ohno:, but then great to see everyone got more chances (and one OC still available at time of posting, making almost 60! :wow:).

lots of opinions on the artwork, always good to see :). i went for the OC :drool: without even looking at the other artwork, tbh :rolleyes:. but now i have, steelbook looks gorgeous :woot:, surprising myself by really liking the look of the FS, think the DL could really be something - if they manage to work it out well. only the SL is not a fave for me - from what we can see on the BS at least. still, each to their own, and with 3 different designs and fonts (which Manta have done before), more range for people to choose.

Manta have always been prepared to give alternate presentations a go, and i like that, even if they're not all slam dunks. as someone has already said,
All Good No Need GIF by memecandy

Actually, @Flloydo ,, curious about FS, if you or maybe @spass have any idea....
Didn't come across that tweaked art by Alice.
But presume it's not a CM-eh! situation and they licence the art then clicked on the PS Filters...;)
Or did they commission new versions?
She must have to approve at least?

// was just thinking about music/publishing and people being able to cover a song you wrote even if you don't want them to,, depending on rights.

Actually, @Flloydo ,, curious about FS, if you or maybe @spass have any idea....
But presume it's not a CM-eh! situation and they licence the art then clicked on the PS Filters...;)

// was just thinking about music/publishing and people being able to cover a song you wrote even if you don't want them to,, depending on rights.
Good to see some love for the art of Alice X. Zhang!
I'm not so sure this is based on Alice's art, like many of her work it is a rendition of a still straight out of the movie and not an original creation; maybe there's some influence or it could genuinely be a coincidence with this being the artist's style and them picking out the same scene - it is a pretty iconic scene in the movie after all.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
I'm not so sure this is based on Alice's art, like many of her work it is a rendition of a still straight out of the movie and not an original creation; maybe there's some influence or it could genuinely be a coincidence with this being the artist's style and them picking out the same scene - it is a pretty iconic scene in the movie after all.

Based on the image @Flloydo posted, it seemed to be a regrade/rework of her original?
It's 3am, will look later, today

//but, seems to be Alice's exactly underneath.
//the film still used elsewhere I saw was a different framing.

Last edited:
Based on the image @Flloydo posted, it seemed to be a regrade/rework of her original?
It's 3am, will look later, today

//but, seems to be Alice's exactly underneath.
//the film still used elsewhere I saw was a different framing.
This is the scene which lasts for a good six seconds (52 seconds in):

And if you compare both images in full size there are plenty of differences, e.g. the positions of the arm holding the hammer are different. I just don't see enough similarities between the images to say one work is based on the other

• Thanks
Reactions: jailbird_joey

see I was thinking this too because it’s a well known image, easy to have a still framed picture but then she does famously do scenes like this straight from the films. And it’s incredibly similar in a odd way, like you can kinda see her art under their pastel version.

If it is the Zhang piece altered (which I doubt she’d allow, it’s a bit of kick in the nuts changing it so much), then manta would go the correct route like they have done before. Recent example is the art on the OUATIH one click. Plus they’ve used her work before on the back of the fight club full slip but they didn’t change much. Just added splatter with a holofoil finish

not to mention Kurtz art on the steel which he’s clearly mentioned as a selling point and pretty sure they would of gone the correct route with that too

Reactions: spriggan02
see I was thinking this too because it’s a well known image, easy to have a still framed picture but then she does famously do scenes like this straight from the films. And it’s incredibly similar in a odd way, like you can kinda see her art under their pastel version.

If it is the Zhang piece altered (which I doubt she’d allow, it’s a bit of kick in the nuts changing it so much), then manta would go the correct route like they have done before. Recent example is the art on the OUATIH one click. Plus they’ve used her work before on the back of the fight club full slip but they didn’t change much. Just added splatter with a holofoil finish

not to mention Kurtz art on the steel which he’s clearly mentioned as a selling point and pretty sure they would of gone the correct route with that too

Yeah, can see how the frame was zoomed in now on the video,, Thanks. Was in a chicken and the egg cycle. Also thought strange they didn't mention her name. Now it's 4am, so will look properly again later,, cheers fellas

Reactions: Flloydo

Thanks for pointing out the Fight Club full slip, wasn't aware of that and was thinking that I'd have to hunt down a copy but then realised that's not her art either, and the stills they chose are about 10 seconds apart in the movie. It could be a case of them being inspired by Alice's art and commissioned someone else to do something similar, but then the colours are very different and it's yet another iconic scene.

Thanks for pointing out the Fight Club full slip, wasn't aware of that and was thinking that I'd have to hunt down a copy but then realised that's not her art either, and the stills they chose are about 10 seconds apart in the movie. It could be a case of them being inspired by Alice's art and commissioned someone else to do something similar, but then the colours are very different and it's yet another iconic scene.

lol for ages I looked at that and see it was illustrated and for some reason I thought it was her. I even have hers as a background on my phone and I just realised she has more buildings in her illustration.

yeah I know it’s an iconic scene but for some reason thought it was her art. A lot more fire in hers too

Gonna have to be the DL for me! But should I wait for Plain Archive??View attachment 496179

Plain archive is what I have high expectations for.
I think they gonna release a very nice full slip.
If you have doubt I suggest get both and if the DL turns out to be disappointing you can always sell.

Just managed to get Rust and bone A1 from plain archive and the 2nd edition and they are stunning!

Reactions: 3Maters