Drum18 Sideshow Collection

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Been into the 1/6 collecting for a while (2008 to be exact) and recently (2014) decided to take the plundge and go bigger!
Sold a LOT of my 1/6 collection to fund those new pieces! The hunt was good so far! :)

drum18-collection.jpg

Sideshow Premium Format / Maquette and other 1/4 scale statues:
- Iron Man Mark I (Iron Man) Maquette EX
- Iron Man Mark II (ron Man) Maquette
- Iron Man Mark VI (Iron Man 2) Maquette
- Iron Man Mark XLII (Iron Man 3) Maquette
- Captain America (Avengers: Age of Ultron) - 1/4 Legacy Replica by Iron Studios
- Thor PF
- Hulk Maquette
- Rocket & Groot (Guardians of the Galaxy) - 1/4 Statue by Gentle Giant
- Batman Keaton (1989) PF EX
- Batman The Dark Knight (2008) PF EX
- Batman Affleck (2016) PF
- Man of Steel PF
- Gandalf the Grey PF EX
- Sauron 1/6
- Darth Vader (The Empire Strikes Back) - 1/4 Legacy Replica by Iron Studios
- Darth Vader PF
- Stormtrooper PF
- Terminator 2 T800 PF EX
- Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark PF

1:2 scale:
- Iron Man Mark VII Legendary Scale 1:2
- Iron Man Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust
- Iron Man Mark III 1:2 Scale Bust (Custom)
img_0712-jpg.70105

1:3 scale:
- Gandalf Legendary Scale Bust

1/6 scale:
- Batman 1989 DX09 by Hot Toys
- Batman Returns 1992 by Hot Toys
- Batmobile 1989 by Hot Toys
- Armored Batman (Batman v Superman) by DC Direct
- Harley Quinn (Suicide Squad) by DC Direct
- Wonder Woman (2017) by Kotobukiya
img_3400-jpg.48655

Upcoming:
- Iron Man Mark III (ron Man) Maquette
- Wonder Woman 1/3 Scale Bust

Sold:
- Captain America: TFA PF EX
- Thor: The Dark World PF EX
- Iron Man Mark XLII (Iron Man 3) - 1/4 Legacy Replica by Iron Studios
- Iron Man Mark XLIII (Avengers: Age of Ultron) - 1/4 Legacy Replica by Iron Studios

Last edited:
Custom lighting on those shelves? I did some custom leds on my detolfs that hold my Disney premiums. Any updates to your display?!?!

Custom lighting on those shelves? I did some custom leds on my detolfs that hold my Disney premiums. Any updates to your display?!?!
Nan.. old Ikea lighting strips... but I should have better chosen as I hate them since they're not hidden...

Added a Pax white unit for my Vaders and a new Ikea strip:
IMG_3493.jpg

I *might* change them one day... might...

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Nan.. old Ikea lighting strips... but I should have better chosen as I hate them since they're not hidden...

Added a Pax white unit for my Vaders and a new Ikea strip:
View attachment 368368

I *might* change them one day... might...

Yeah man. I’m trying to find some place in this forum where a thread for display lighting would fit and get a lot of traffic cause display and asthetics is something that’s very important to me.

I ordered from amazon an led kit that has a WiFi controller and is multi color so I can control it with Alexa or my phone. It also has a mode that makes it pulsate to music which is kinda neat. It took a while to find all the materials I needed as I had to cut and connect my led strips and add in extension cables and extension plugs. I also added some molding from Home Depot that I spray painted and put in the front of the cabinet to try to hide the wires. I also put in some dust proofing foam strips that were definitely tricky to fit in correctly with the door opening and closing. I may end up redoing it now that I’ve done one cabinet. I’m just waiting on a few more extensions from eBay before I complete my second detolf. Depending on how that goes I may change out some stuff on the first detolf. I’ve already completely redone the lighting once. I have very little display space so I have to maximize what I do have.

If I’m boring you to death just tell me to jog on.

Yeah man. I’m trying to find some place in this forum where a thread for display lighting would fit and get a lot of traffic cause display and asthetics is something that’s very important to me.

I ordered from amazon an led kit that has a WiFi controller and is multi color so I can control it with Alexa or my phone. It also has a mode that makes it pulsate to music which is kinda neat. It took a while to find all the materials I needed as I had to cut and connect my led strips and add in extension cables and extension plugs. I also added some molding from Home Depot that I spray painted and put in the front of the cabinet to try to hide the wires. I also put in some dust proofing foam strips that were definitely tricky to fit in correctly with the door opening and closing. I may end up redoing it now that I’ve done one cabinet. I’m just waiting on a few more extensions from eBay before I complete my second detolf. Depending on how that goes I may change out some stuff on the first detolf. I’ve already completely redone the lighting once. I have very little display space so I have to maximize what I do have.

If I’m boring you to death just tell me to jog on.
Oh no worries bud, I totally get you.
It's really important for me that if I spend so many thousands of hard earned $$$ for movie/statues, well, I need to "invest" some more $$$ in proper display or it will look wasted.

Like you, everything is remotely controlled an this makes a LOT on the impression. When people walks in my "office", they're in awe due mainly to the big first impression.
I used to own Detolf, but since I've "upgraded" to 1/4 scale statue, seems like Besta/Pax was more indicated. But like you said, having a dust-free system is THE way to go, or you'll pass all your saturday dusting...

Unfortunately (for me), when I was looking around, gathering ideas, I made 2 mistake:
A) I should have taken my Besta white instead of dark Brown as with white, it is MUCH easier to light up AND see many more details...
B) The lighting strip I chosen doesn't satisfy me. Like you, I much prefer something hidden. I didn't know it then and should have made some test before setting everything up and now hating the final result...

Unfortunately now speaking of having a dedicated section here to talk about all this, I'm pretty sure there ain't that many people in here on HDN who have proper display seting like this... :(