Sep 6, 2012
Québec
Release date: June 25, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: CDN $44.99

m2230315.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Drum18 @Stygian

Hey guys, do you know what it means when it's not the regular ''Available for Pre-order'' as Usual under the Order Button ?
But for some titles like Aladdin, Toy Story 4 Steelbook they have it as ''Available for backorder'' under the Order Button ? :dunno:

Both can be added to cart if anyone can explain it would be appreciated :)

View attachment 435310
View attachment 435311
No idea exactly what it means in the BBYC system… but for us the customer, it works the same. You place your preorder as usual...

Reactions: Actarus
This has now disappeared from Best Buy's site.
Seems like this one many people had either orders cancelled or damaged steelbooks. I seriously don’t understand how these can get damaged. I always seem to get one with a loose disc and either a dent or slash. 4 seems to be the perfect number to be safe. I miss the good old days when you only needed to order 1 or even walk to a store to get a copy.

Well I got screwed yet again.......I preordered all the time....
Didn't receive any today......go online to see what going on....to find out they cancelled my orders for dumbo & Cinderella.......I called to ask they said they ran out.......said they sent coupons for $50 which I did not receive.......also my toy stories show up 2 are damaged.....of course no stock for replacement........tired of bestbuy online ordering b.s.

Well I got screwed yet again.......I preordered all the time....
Didn't receive any today......go online to see what going on....to find out they cancelled my orders for dumbo & Cinderella.......I called to ask they said they ran out.......said they sent coupons for $50 which I did not receive.......also my toy stories show up 2 are damaged.....of course no stock for replacement........tired of bestbuy online ordering b.s.

I feel your pain. I remember when I used to just go to the local Best Buy at some point during the week of release and grab a steelbook off the shelf. Collecting them is getting to be more and more frustrating as time goes on.

Cinderella currently says available online, FYI

Yeah I'm pretty much done with SteelBooks I think. They just aren't produced or handled well in Canada.
Since most of the SteelBook titles are out of stock by the time the release day arrives there is pretty much no chance of replacing a damaged copy. Having to order 4 copies to hopefully get 1 undamaged copy is ridiculous. I'm tired of having to return copies of every SteelBook I order every week or 2. I'm not going to do it anymore. I'm just waiting for Avengers Endgame to be released and then that's it. That's the end of this phase of the MCU and then that's the end of the line for me. I might get the Iron Man and the Thor 4K releases if they ever come around. Of course I'll have to get the last Star Wars SteelBook.

Opened this last night from excitement alone, and to my disappointment, the spine had enough of a slash that it's all I see. And now no copies to replace. Contacted Best Buy to see what can be done

Yeah I'm pretty much done with SteelBooks I think. They just aren't produced or handled well in Canada.
Since most of the SteelBook titles are out of stock by the time the release day arrives there is pretty much no chance of replacing a damaged copy. Having to order 4 copies to hopefully get 1 undamaged copy is ridiculous. I'm tired of having to return copies of every SteelBook I order every week or 2. I'm not going to do it anymore. I'm just waiting for Avengers Endgame to be released and then that's it. That's the end of this phase of the MCU and then that's the end of the line for me. I might get the Iron Man and the Thor 4K releases if they ever come around. Of course I'll have to get the last Star Wars SteelBook.

I've said this to myself so many times. I keep getting sucked back in though.

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
Got mine today.
Little tiny defect on the spine, but nothing to go crazy about it.

What a WONDERFUL steel! Full Gloss + Embossed Dumbo on the Front + Embossed D and Grill on the back! WOW!
View attachment 435476View attachment 435477
View attachment 435478View attachment 435479View attachment 435480
View attachment 435481View attachment 435482View attachment 435483

View attachment 435484View attachment 435485

Ya I was impressed by the Embossing. Just curious since I had to go through 3 Steelbooks to get a good one is that anyone fine a copy that doesn’t have that clamp mark on the bottom left on the back?