Dumbo (2019) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 29, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Friday, March 29 @ 12 noon UK time)
Price: £32.99
Notes: No title on spine has photos instead

12079771-1254692425240346.jpg

12079771-1084692425811042.jpg 12079771-2464692425486685.jpg 12079771-1884677403412889.jpg

12079771-2004677403229793.jpg

12079771-1564677404050014.jpg 12079771-1134677403533135.jpg 12079771-1884677403412889.jpg
12079771-5314660827777246.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@zavvi £30+ for 4K steelbooks is what is killing my interest in steebooks, ive found mysef more and more going for the standard bluray or 3D over these over priced releases.

Preordered the 3D bluray, this release can do one.

Always amazes me that Best Buy get the art pretty much straight away and we always have a cool mock up and then a month before zavvi/ Europe show the art.

So odd

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I’m actually really looking forward to this.

I’ve gone of burton in recent years but this looks like it could be him back on track and like big fish.
I think Aladdin looks horrendous but I’ll still watch it to make my own mind up.

So many films are slated by critics and public that I end up loving so I’m going to (like always) ignore reviews until it’s time for my review

US is one of my must watches this year. Half the people I know who have seen it hated and the other half loved it. I’ll make my own mind up when I finally see it

Always amazes me that Best Buy get the art pretty much straight away and we always have a cool mock up and then a month before zavvi/ Europe show the art.

So odd
Yup, it takes the biscuit. Why even bother with a TBC mock-up?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
The decision not to include 3D is even more strange, considering there is a 3D amaray available!
Took mom to see this earlier and it’s actually a really cute and sweet remake. Not a direct rehash, but felt a bit like a remake/sequel all in one. The cartoon version is pretty much covered in the first half hour then the story move seems on elsewhere(whcih onligatory nods to the cartoon still spattered throughout)
MAssive shame there is no 3D steel as the flying shots looked great. But I just don’t buy amerays anymore(unless bargain basement price around a fiver) so am quite disappointed to half to skip this one.

Maybe Kimchi will do a proper edition, even if it’s just the usual WWA with slip and 3D (though no Coco and no hint of Ralph two has me not wanting to hold my breath)

Took mom to see this earlier and it’s actually a really cute and sweet remake. Not a direct rehash, but felt a bit like a remake/sequel all in one. The cartoon version is pretty much covered in the first half hour then the story move seems on elsewhere(whcih onligatory nods to the cartoon still spattered throughout)
MAssive shame there is no 3D steel as the flying shots looked great. But I just don’t buy amerays anymore(unless bargain basement price around a fiver) so am quite disappointed to half to skip this one.

Maybe Kimchi will do a proper edition, even if it’s just the usual WWA with slip and 3D (though no Coco and no hint of Ralph two has me not wanting to hold my breath)

I occasionally buy amaray, if it's a film I really want, which isn't available on steel, and I will pick up 3D films aswell (usually when they have dropped in price)

Think I prefer this art (even though it's unconfirmed) to the Bestbuy one. Full gloss and nice bossing could make it looks great

I occasionally buy amaray, if it's a film I really want, which isn't available on steel, and I will pick up 3D films aswell (usually when they have dropped in price)
truely cant recall the last time I got an ameray....maybe when I went halves with my ex on Lego Batman(I gave a fiver to make sure he got the 3D version but he basically paid for it...) if that counts.

Am even buying less steelbooks instead opting for premiums with 3D or particular movies getting premium - its too pricey to keep up with zavvi's prices when a tenner extra you can get a premium with 3D(based on price for this compared to the FB 2D/3D I have on order from Mantalab for £43 ish).
First it was near oversaturation but the prices and lack of formats are making it easier for me to skip and put that money to OC's or premium variations instead

Reactions: JayWhit
Just gonna say if you haven’t seen this movie, be cautious. IMO, it was “2 hours of my life I’ll never get back” bad (though if you have pre-adolescent kids, they might like it).

Just gonna say if you haven’t seen this movie, be cautious. IMO, it was “2 hours of my life I’ll never get back” bad (though if you have pre-adolescent kids, they might like it).
Yeah, reviews haven't been kind to this... I'm still yet to see it myself.

Even Disney seem as if they'd rather forget about it. Crazy how little promo this got compared to Aladdin too.

Yeah, reviews haven't been kind to this... I'm still yet to see it myself.
Even Disney seem as if they'd rather forget about it. Crazy how little promo this got compared to Aladdin too.
Aladdin is decidedly mixed too, but I pay 20 bucks a month to see up to 3 movies a week, so I'll check it out and hope it's a lot better than Dumbo. On the plus side, I somehow haven't seen the original, so I won't be comparing Will to Robin Williams (though I'm sure I'll grab that one some day).

Aladdin is decidedly mixed too, but I pay 20 bucks a month to see up to 3 movies a week, so I'll check it out and hope it's a lot better than Dumbo. On the plus side, I somehow haven't seen the original, so I won't be comparing Will to Robin Williams (though I'm sure I'll grab that one some day).
ive seen the aladdin and the film was ok and worth it to buy in my opinion

Reactions: Noodles
Personally I've seen nothing but good things said about Aladdin... but then again, it's not like I actually went out of my way to look for reviews or anything. Obviously it'll have its haters, as with any film.

The trailers were reeeeally bad IMO, but some of the clips have convinced me that it might actually be quite good, and definitely lots of fun, which is all I ask for. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo