Dumbo (Blu-ray SteelBook) (SM Life Exclusive) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 7, 2019
Purchase links: Nova - Kimchi - YesAsia (Pre-order on July 24 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $38.99 (Nova) - $37.99 (Kimchi) - $47.99 (YesAsia)

67270018_2290788560990989_5185568493273088000_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
With blufans having licensing issues with Disney, i don't think any other company will do WEA for this, or even WWA slips. So i'm in for this.

I was on the fence about which edition to get because the Best Buy Steelbook is so nice, but there's that nifty digipack edition with a booklet from Target. Guess I'll be grabbing this and putting the US Steel inside. Problem solved.

The WWA Steelbook with the textless spine is extremely unfortunate.

awful movie. dont bother lol

I think like The Jungle Book live action, it's got too much new material that's just really slapped on and not thought-out. All these old Disney cartoons are like a bit over an hour long, and yet every big budget movie nowadays has to run that 2-2.5 hour gamut so these frankly pointless live action 'remakes' suffer from all this filler because the original stories were kind of broad to begin with.

It's not a great movie, but I think Burton still does visually interesting things. Although that being said, he's got this really weird waxy CG look to all his movies now, even on the real actors. I did really like 'live action' Dumbo though. I thought he was done really well.

I think like The Jungle Book live action, it's got too much new material that's just really slapped on and not thought-out. All these old Disney cartoons are like a bit over an hour long, and yet every big budget movie nowadays has to run that 2-2.5 hour gamut so these frankly pointless live action 'remakes' suffer from all this filler because the original stories were kind of broad to begin with.

It's not a great movie, but I think Burton still does visually interesting things. Although that being said, he's got this really weird waxy CG look to all his movies now, even on the real actors. I did really like 'live action' Dumbo though. I thought he was done really well.

Funny You say this, one movie that is Part of my Favorite Disney ''Live Action'' Remakes was Pete's Dragon(2016).
Running time is 1h42 min only (and that is including close to 8 to 10 minutes of credits)

Reactions: Radagast
Still waiting to see if FA will still do there version . If not will get this as is not much more than zavvi and you get a slip and a booklet

Funny You say this, one movie that is Part of my Favorite Disney ''Live Action'' Remakes was Pete's Dragon(2016).
Running time is 1h42 min only (and that is including close to 8 to 10 minutes of credits)
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to watch that. It wasn't on my radar until I watched The Old Man & the Gun from the same director. There was something very nice and quiet about it that I really liked.

Still waiting to see if FA will still do there version . If not will get this as is not much more than zavvi and you get a slip and a booklet

It appears so, they have their usual listing with the FAC but no number of which FAC it will Be FAC XXX.
I think I will take my chances and wait hoping FA will do theirs as you said, it will be a much more filled package if so.

Reactions: snow flake
FilmArena is doing Dumbo? That’s encouraging, they’ll do an amazing package. It just might take two more years to come out :rofl: