Dune (1984) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 30, 2021
Purchase links: Deluxe Edition - SteelBook only (Pre-order on May 28, at 3 PM - UK time)
Price: £44.99 (Deluxe Edition) - £29.99 (SteelBook only)

ezgif-5-bb94a1a7bc23.jpg ezgif-5-2a6e9040e7ea.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious all the way. ... and I like Fifth Element too (own 4K steel).

...but hey, it's "only" a movie. I don't want to sound like it's bigger than life thingy. :rofl: Not even my Top 10 Number 1 film. Looking at you @StifflersDad :rofl: <- Humour !
right thanks for that. I have wide variety of fave films so definitely picking up the steel only. Should be entertaining.

Don't. It's terrible. So bad infact universal officially removed it from US distribution, which is why arrow haven't been able to include it in this release.

Like you wrote Arrow WANTED to include it. There it is.

You say Universal is known for excellent business ideas ? Like it's monsterverse with mr. Cruise & Johnny Depp ?

Let the man decide himself. He might hate it or love it.

Like you wrote Arrow WANTED to include it. There it is.

You say Universal is known for excellent business ideas ? Like it's monsterverse with mr. Cruise & Johnny Depp ?

Let the man decide himself. He might hate it or love it.
Fair points haha genuinely imo though, it's an absolute mess. Mainly because it feels like it was edited by a 5yr old who's never seen a film before. There's a fan edit somewhere of a remux of the theatrical and extended cut that i saw years ago that's far superior in terms of general flow and feel.

Fair points haha genuinely imo though, it's an absolute mess. Mainly because it feels like it was edited by a 5yr old who's never seen a film before. There's a fan edit somewhere of a remux of the theatrical and extended cut that i saw years ago that's far superior in terms of general flow and feel.

Heard of that fan edit - never seen. And not sure of forums stance on bootleg edits so did not mention it. But what I've read about it is positive.

Reactions: samdavies
Definitely in for the Deluxe ed Steel.
Not to worry @Space Cadet , I'm in your camp Buddy. :woot:
This film had issues during production but what they pulled off for the time was quite exciting, imho.
There's a few instances in the flik I'm not overly pleased with but they are minor quibbles.
I have the extended cut in the dvd Steel as well.
First I'm hearing of a fan edit.
Sure folks have lots of ammo for not caring for it but, whatever.

I have all Frank's books in HC (and a few of his kid's too). One of the best sci-fi series written, I think.
I think my fave has gotta be "God Emperor", pretty heady stuff.

The two tv mini-series (Dune & Kids Of Dune) I also very much enjoyed.
Have yet to grab the former (tv) on Blu but I have the spec ed dvd and think it's great. The Kids I have on Blu at least.
Also bought the soundtracks on CD of both tv productions and the track "Inama Nushif" on Children of Dune, sends a delicious shiver up my spine every time I play it (at level... 11).

I keep meaning to pick up that "Jodorowski's Making Of" but outta sight outta mind.
I'll maybe track it down tonight.
Cheers!

• Friendly
Reactions: Space Cadet
Only two films by David Lynch I'd watch again:-
1) THE ELEPHANT MAN
2) ERASERHERAD

I "like" watching TEM every now and then. Tells a lot about us. Humans. And awesome acting. So sad film.
I do not like Eraserhead. Way too fu....g sad, even for me. Morbid. One have to give it one star or five stars. I have no idea ...

As a big fan of Lynch this is a most welcome release. Whilst it isn't one of his his best movies, it still has those abstractions you'd expect woven into this big space opera. It also features a lot of the actors who he worked with for years after. Can understand why many, (including Lynch) dislike this film but I could watch this anytime. The deluxe edition looks lush- I wonder what productiion material they have found for the bonus book. The spice must flow.

• Informative
Reactions: Hereticz
As a big fan of Lynch this is a most welcome release. Whilst it isn't one of his his best movies, it still has those abstractions you'd expect woven into this big space opera. It also features a lot of the actors who he worked with for years after. Can understand why many, (including Lynch) dislike this film but I could watch this anytime. The deluxe edition looks lush- I wonder what productiion material they have found for the bonus book. The spice must flow.

Now I must watch it :coffee:

• Haha
Reactions: StifflersDad