Dune (1984) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 30, 2021
Purchase links: Deluxe Edition - SteelBook only (Pre-order on May 28, at 3 PM - UK time)
Price: £44.99 (Deluxe Edition) - £29.99 (SteelBook only)

ezgif-5-bb94a1a7bc23.jpg ezgif-5-2a6e9040e7ea.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also available for pre-order from non Zavvi U.S. vendors. Regular SteelBook and Deluxe SteelBook editions.

This isn't limited to Zavvi. Check the prices though and get the right editions. I think the link for the Deluxe is cheaper than the link for the standard. 2 different vendors.

Apparently Diabolik is getting it also.

DELUXE Dune Dual Format Steelbook (Limited Edition Arrow US) (4k UHD / Blu-Ray) Preorder – DiabolikDVD

Reactions: Stygian
Looks like 4 discs cover what arrow does in 3, then the extended cut (versions 1 and 2!? God, knows what the 2nd is) over 2 discs and a cd soundtrack. €99 though, no thanks.
I'm curious about the extended cuts, but the price is horrible and also I hate those huge, empty feeling "ultimate" boxes... Who has got space for that? Maybe I simply don't get them. Anyway, still might grab one because of the extended cuts, but I feel stupid for even thinking about it as the same time...

Reactions: ethnosax
I'm curious about the extended cuts, but the price is horrible and also I hate those huge, empty feeling "ultimate" boxes... Who has got space for that? Maybe I simply don't get them. Anyway, still might grab one because of the extended cuts, but I feel stupid for even thinking about it as the same time...
At that price, you do have to wonder: Is anyone that much a fan of this film? My mild curiosity about the extras definitely extends only to the price of the deluxe steelbook edition. That'll be plenty for me.

Reactions: samdavies
Well, it may be a dodgy translation and it's the extended cut spread over 2 discs, plausible. If it's not, one extended cut will certainly be the one that was released in Germany on blu-ray back in 2015. I genuinely don't know what the other would be, unless they've done some kind of cut with sections of the theatrical muxed back in, like a certain fan edit did.

Untertitel: Deutsch <- So no buy. Darn !
Why would that matter? None of the film requires subtitles that I can recall. I'd be surprised if the UK arrow edition contains any other than English subtitles either. Possibly french if they've shared discs with the US/CA release and decided to cater to the french Canadian market.

Why would that matter? None of the film requires subtitles that I can recall. I'd be surprised if the UK arrow edition contains any other than English subtitles either. Possibly french if they've shared discs with the US/CA release and decided to cater to the french Canadian market.

"None of the film requires subtitles that I can recall."

Oh, fu....ing dear ! Do you really think any one else than yourself ? How old are you 6 ?

"None of the film requires subtitles that I can recall."

Oh, fu....ing dear ! Do you really think any one else than yourself ? How old are you 6 ?
Yeah, obviously.. :rolleyes: you know exactly what I meant, so don't be a d**k about it.

I'm just saying, the film itself is entirely in english, with no subtitles required within the film for the intended language.

I appreciate english is not everyone's native language, but it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if you bought the arrow release or the german release, because neither would have a broad selection of foreign subtitles available to suit everyone.

Last edited:
Yeah, obviously.. :rolleyes: you know exactly what I meant, so don't be a d**k about it.

I'm just saying, the film itself is entirely in english, with no subtitles required within the film for the intended language.

I appreciate english is not everyone's native language, but it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if you bought the arrow release or the german release, because neither would have a broad selection of foreign subtitles available to suit everyone.
It matters to them because they wanted Deutsch subtitles. Purchasing criteria are subjective to the person.

It matters to them because they wanted Deutsch subtitles. Purchasing criteria are subjective to the person.
Yes mate, I understand that. What I'm saying is, he'd be no more disadvantaged buying the german version over the arrow version (or vice versa) because neither will have his preferred subtitle option.

Side note, unless I'm being completely ignorant, I'd be surprised if someone from Finland was after Deutsch (German, which the german release does have) subtitles.