Dune (2021) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 49) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: April 29 May 27, 2022 (TBC) READ THIS
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on February 25, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $149.98 (Box Set) - $56.99 (Full Slip) - $57.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 900 Sets, Numbered 1-900. Slide Open Box with Premium Tray, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On. (Duke's Signet Ring Replica, Sealing Wax, Paperweight).

Dune_Overall-Packshot_Box_5000x.jpgDune_Overall-Packshot_FS_5000x.jpgDune_Overall-Packshot_DLS_5000x.jpg
Dune_steelbook.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone clarify if the GB one clicks have the additonal items (Duke's Signet Ring Replica, Sealing Wax, Paperweight) or are they being sent at a later date? Away from home at the moment and ive not opened it myself

Reactions: Jamon-Jamon
Can anyone clarify if the GB one clicks have the additonal items (Duke's Signet Ring Replica, Sealing Wax, Paperweight) or are they being sent at a later date? Away from home at the moment and ive not opened it myself
I just came in to ask exactly for that. My box with the OC has arrived but the goodies (Duke's Signet Ring Replica, Sealing Wax, Paperweight) are not inside :confused:

I just came in to ask exactly for that. My box with the OC has arrived but the goodies (Duke's Signet Ring Replica, Sealing Wax, Paperweight) are not inside :confused:

Yep, goodies being sent separately as there are ongoing quality issues

Dune (2021) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 49) [Hong Kong]

A wrapped box and gifts outside? Gonna be interesting for anyone trying to keep this sealed and having gifts within :naughty:

200.gif

A wrapped box and gifts outside? Gonna be interesting for anyone trying to keep this sealed and having gifts within :naughty:

200.gif
I suspect they were never going to be inside the box, because the box is not very big. I can’t imagine any of those things fitting inside it. That is also how Cinemuseum and FAC handle sets with lots of stuff (though they don’t ship them separately).

Reactions: GeoRattray
I suspect they were never going to be inside the box, because the box is not very big. I can’t imagine any of those things fitting inside it. That is also how Cinemuseum and FAC handle sets with lots of stuff (though they don’t ship them separately).
Fully agree. Goodies of the edition should be intended to be outside (if not removal of the soft filler at the bottom of the edition... we will see how they decide to present it).

I have now opened mine and am about to sit down and watch the film but had a quick question about some fairly minor, but nevertheless annoying, damage to the otherwise lovely lenticular. I am fairly new to premiums and wondered whether these scratches would be considered "acceptable" or worthy of a bit of a moan and possibly a replacement. Thanks in advance.

A211B71A-000C-4DE1-88DB-6F3458575D35_1_201_a.jpeg

Thank you. There are 3/4 large scuff/scratch marks at the top of the front lenticular. It's no biggie either way but for a premium item I would expect QC to be a bit better. Am I being too picky?

View attachment 541542
Weet usually puts a protective film over their lenticulars but I'm not sure if Manta Lab does the same or not.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Rulocal
Would not bother with this but in all fairness, I’m very forgiving when it comes to imperfections.

Cheers.

I am not OCD about these sort of things but it does irk somewhat… :dunno:

On the other hand, the 4K transfer is absolutely stunning and as good an experience as when first watched in the cinema. Very happy to own a premium of it.