Dune (2021) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 49) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: April 29 May 27, 2022 (TBC) READ THIS
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on February 25, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $149.98 (Box Set) - $56.99 (Full Slip) - $57.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 900 Sets, Numbered 1-900. Slide Open Box with Premium Tray, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On. (Duke's Signet Ring Replica, Sealing Wax, Paperweight).

Dune_Overall-Packshot_Box_5000x.jpgDune_Overall-Packshot_FS_5000x.jpgDune_Overall-Packshot_DLS_5000x.jpg
Dune_steelbook.jpg

Last edited:
a bit bummed that the WWAs got the nicer artworks instead of this "disney/marvel generic character stacking" on the Steelfront tho
I like it but I prefer the black background variant. Although if that shows up on a slip I wouldn’t want to double up on the art. I like the orange WWA steel but the finish bad. Maybe that orange art would work ok on a slip but it would be one hell of a contrast in colour to the steel lol

Reactions: goufcustom
So glad I skipped the WWA releases for a premium. Can’t wait to see the slips

This Is The Way GIF by Priya

I like it but I prefer the black background variant. Although if that shows up on a slip I wouldn’t want to double up on the art. I like the orange WWA steel but the finish bad. Maybe that orange art would work ok on a slip but it would be one hell of a contrast in colour to the steel lol

I feel it's inevitable that at least some of the art used on the 3 WWA Steelbooks will find their way onto the slips here, bit like Tenet and Dunkirk did

This Is The Way GIF by Priya

I feel it's inevitable that at least some of the art used on the 3 WWA Steelbooks will find their way onto the slips here, bit like Tenet and Dunkirk did
Yeah was thinking the same. Like i said I’d be happy with the orange art on a slip but I just don’t know how good that and the steel would look together. 2 very different colours. I can certainly see the Tenet esque art being used on maybe the DL again

Yeah was thinking the same. Like i said I’d be happy with the orange art on a slip but I just don’t know how good that and the steel would look together. 2 very different colours. I can certainly see the Tenet esque art being used on maybe the DL again
Blue and orange are opposite each other on the colour wheel, so they generally work really well together.

I didnt intentionally skip out on the econos but it looks like that went in my favor lol i just know that manta's release slate this year is stacked. its going to be so hard to secure any of them!

Well, until GvK came out, I'd have agreed and said they were done with embossing in favour of debossing. I have hope now of more in the future since that one though. Debossing has it's place, sure, but on the whole I much prefer embossing myself.

Reactions: Flloydo
Embossing, debossing, how do you calculate which is which anyway, by percentage of surface that is lower or higher than the rest? Because one can always say, for example, it's not the frame that is embossed, it's the rest that is debossed (and is likely manufactured that way).

Embossing, debossing, how do you calculate which is which anyway, by percentage of surface that is lower or higher than the rest? Because one can always say, for example, it's not the frame that is embossed, it's the rest that is debossed (and is likely manufactured that way).
Well, I suppose someone could argue that all (non flat) steelbooks are simply debossed.. given that the raised parts (i.e border, title, character etc) are actually flat, and it's all the sections around them that are debossed.

Seeing that no steelbooks are actually embossed outwards, beyond the flat steel plate. That level insanity is reserved for futurepaks lol

But generally speaking, if there is debossing of an entire section, which would leave an element to appear to be raised within, then it's embossed. If its simply a debossed section (i.e title), with no raised elements, then its just debossed.

Seeing that no steelbooks are actually embossed outwards, beyond the flat steel plate. That level insanity is reserved for futurepaks lol
Oh yeah, you mean those Metalpaks with faces and heads sticking out, like Super 8 and True Grit, they're definitely 'embossed'!

Reactions: samdavies