Dune (2021) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 49) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: April 29 May 27, 2022 (TBC) READ THIS
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on February 25, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $149.98 (Box Set) - $56.99 (Full Slip) - $57.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 900 Sets, Numbered 1-900. Slide Open Box with Premium Tray, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On. (Duke's Signet Ring Replica, Sealing Wax, Paperweight).

Dune_Overall-Packshot_Box_5000x.jpgDune_Overall-Packshot_FS_5000x.jpgDune_Overall-Packshot_DLS_5000x.jpg
Dune_steelbook.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing that no steelbooks are actually embossed outwards, beyond the flat steel plate. That level insanity is reserved for futurepaks lol
Occasional examples of steelbooks that are embossed without a border—Three Amigos, Gang Related. Maybe others? Not very common, but not unheard of.

Occasional examples of steelbooks that are embossed without a border—Three Amigos, Gang Related. Maybe others? Not very common, but not unheard of.
How can a steelbook be embossed without some kind of debossing "bordering" the embossed section? An area around the embossing needs to have been debossed into the metal for the embossed section to appear pronounced. That's what I mean, the embossing isn't layered ontop of the steelbook itself, like it can be on futurepaks.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
How can a steelbook be embossed without some kind of debossing "bordering" the embossed section? An area around the embossing needs to have been debossed into the metal for the embossed section to appear pronounced. That's what I mean, the embossing isn't layered ontop of the steelbook itself, like it can be on futurepaks.
I have no idea how it's done, or why it's so rarely done. Just pointing out that it has happened. :)

Last edited:
I have no idea how it's done, or why it's so rarely done. Just pointing out that it has happened. :)
Oh yeah. Christ that is odd. I mean i like it, but very unusual. Never seen it before (just looked at 3 amigos), looks like they've just done the reverse of debossing, punched outwards rather than inwards.

I thought Three Amigos only has debossed bullet holes or am I missing something? :confused:
So you both agree they were Bossed right :thumbs: I have to look up the definitions to get the right one. Three Amigos is a great example though, glad it's in my collection.

Yeah I would agree that they look bossed. Not sure if that's the usual way though.

Strange that this method never really appeared anywhere else then since....
For everyone about what we are talking about:
IMG_1170.JPG

Green is embossed (raised), Red is debossed (stamped). As you can see both steels have no border, they are totally flush. Great examples of what can be, but for some reason rarely repeated.

JL: 7 editions (usual 3 + OC + motherboxes).
Dune: 3...
Kind of weird TBH. They probably wanted to keep the price low while adding gadgets.
I have nothing against them but if this means one edition left I'm starting to question their choices...

Reactions: Noodles
Surprised this has 3 discs, didn't know this was also getting a 3D blu ray release

EDIT: Just noticed, but I think on the One Click box the Signet Ring slots in the front of the box.