Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Dune: Part Two

Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Drama

Director: Denis Villeneuve

Cast: Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, Javier Bardem, Stellan Skarsgård, Josh Brolin, Dave Bautista, Charlotte Rampling, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Roger Yuan

Release: 2024-03-01

Plot: The second chapter of ‘Dune’ (2021).

Tantrum Crying GIF

Weird move imo, just release the film, no one cares about actor's interviews/promos or sees a movie because of them, at least not Dune. I hope the film's box office doesn't suffer because of this move like the IMAX ceo said the other day (who also said the film would never be rescheduled due to already booked imax screens and the financial loss tied to a rescheduling).

Weird move imo, just release the film, no one cares about actor's interviews/promos or sees a movie because of them, at least not Dune. I hope the film's box office doesn't suffer because of this move like the IMAX ceo said the other day (who also said the film would never be rescheduled due to already booked imax screens and the financial loss tied to a rescheduling).
Or, from another perspective: WB is happy to let Barbie compete with Oppenheimer for the awards this year. If they hold onto Dune until next year, there will presumably be far fewer films in the running.

@Vega not having the stars of the film to promote it would definitely hurt the box office. If they could get away without holding premiers etc, they would.
I truly wonder how it hurts the box office.
Those seeking out such interviews or premiere footage are already fans, and would go anyway.
The rest could care less, and will either go on their own volition, their own schedule, choose it randomly, because they happened to be near a theaters, will have seen a trailer, or will listen to their friends' or critics opinions, all of which can happen without actors themselves. Can they advertise? Yes. Can they run TV spots, theater trailers, online ads? Yes. Can they arrange previews for critics? Yes.
Those premieres are truly self indulgence, and long no one cares about them.
Postponing because of that is plain stupid.

Oooh, two whole weeks.
Could've bumped it more, but I guess February or January 'sound' like loser trash months or something...

Am alone seeing how unrealistic Chalamet's head is on both posters, it's like it's growing out of his torso.

total recall Kuato GIF