Dunkirk (4K + Blu-ray SteelBook) (MediaMarkt Exclusive) [Germany]

Jan 17, 2013
NJ, USA
Release date: December 19, 2017
Purchase link: Media Markt
Price: €34.99

12034137-1834833161519268.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if you can get enough for a group buy, and feel comfortable supporting a few copies, give me a shout and I'll help you set it up.

How many copies are enough for a GB? To be honest I'm a bit reluctant to do a GB at the moment, simply because of time constraints and the upcoming Christmas festivities. - I'd rather keep it simple and see what I could do on an individual basis for the members who have asked for help in this thread. Please let me first see how many copies I can source in-store, alright?

I'm surprised this release sparks so much interest with Blufans and Manta Lab releases around the corner (more or less).

People on Facebook reported lots of scratches on almost every of these..

The ones I saw in the store looked fine (obviously I couldn't see what was beneath the J-Card, but anyway). Only the spines weren't printed dead-center, but that's always a problem with WB releases in my experience.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21 and harry
How many copies are enough for a GB? To be honest I'm a bit reluctant to do a GB at the moment, simply because of time constraints and the upcoming Christmas festivities. - I'd rather keep it simple and see what I could do on an individual basis for the members who have asked for help in this thread. Please let me first see how many copies I can source in-store, alright?

I'm surprised this release sparks so much interest with Blufans and Manta Lab releases around the corner (more or less).

The ones I saw in the store looked fine (obviously I couldn't see what was beneath the J-Card, but anyway). Only the spines weren't printed dead-center, but that's always a problem with WB releases in my experience.

5 copies, that’s it.

If the WWA steelbook was better, then people would probably pass, but IMO this looks great

Ordered 2, one for my buddy, one for me. Luckily a good friend of mine from Hamburg comes visiting me next weekend (I'm in tge netherlands), I delivered them at her place. Hopefully they arrive in good condition

I ordered a total of 5, one for me and 4 for fellow ninjas here who contacted me. If I pick them up on Tuesday, they're without damages and the store has some more that are also in great condition, I could try to get additional copies. However, no promises. I first have to see if the copies are mint. @CleverLoginName got me kinda worried about scratches now. ^^

I saw some copies in my local Saturn store today (@pred895), the price was 34,99€ (vs. 29,99€ on the website). If they adjust it (usually they do), I could get some copies for you guys. @henry00x @JayAre @Danny @urbeenjammin.
Please note I won't be able to make any purchases before Monday, so I can't guarantee a copy for everyone interested. I won't order extras online, because all too often the copies don't arrive in mint condition and at the moment, I'm seriously lacking any extra time to deal with CS/replacements.

I'm definitely interested

Hi guys, I'm reporting back from my local Saturn. As for now, I could only grab three copies. But fear not! They might get more, and I'll be in a different town tomorrow where happens to be another Saturn store. I'll buy more if there're any, of course. But maybe we're good already, as @KittyCat has offered four copies for Ninjas, too. (By the way, @Jeek did mention scratched copies, I just replied I didn't see any. @KittyCat)

@apsmith21 I've decided not to do an official GB because of the rather difficult conditions to get more copies and my time constraints at the moment. But I'd happily host GBs for German exclusive release from next year on.

Anyway, to keep it fair, I'd offer the three copies I got to the first three members who asked in this thread - those would be @henry00x, @JayAre, and @goufcustom or @Danny (I'm not sure if @goufcustom actually wanted a copy). I will send a PM to you in a few minutes, please respond ASAP so we can get this done before the end of the week. Here're the steels:

dk01.jpg

Please note: In some pictures it looks as if the steelbooks were scratched terribly. Rest assured I checked them thoroughly and didn't spot any actual scratches on the steelbook itself. It's just the shrink wrapping. Of course I can't guarantee anything, but I think you will be fine. To sweeten the deal: The price has been adjusted to 29,99€.

dk02.jpg dk03.jpg dk04.jpg dk05.jpg dk06.jpg

I'm sorry I can't help everyone for now, but I'll try to find more copies tomorrow. You may also ask @rschiks and @KittyCat who have some extra copies at hand, too. And maybe there's another member from Germany who could help out?

Off to write the PM.

Cheers

Great work @CleverLoginName! :)

You just made me worry with what you said about ordering online coz that's what I did. Otherwise there's no way my Media Markt would have that many in-stock.

And the 4 additional copies I got were for people from the Finnish steelbook release thread as we all had that preordered and were bummed when they changed the artwork. :(

I'll check 2 Media Markt stores and a Saturn one tomorrow if I get out of the office on time and see what I can find.

I really wonder that this release is so popular, as it only has that standard lazy WB finish.
But if some ninjas here are on the waiting list of @CleverLoginName and @KittyCat, I might be able to help.
I would drop by my local Media Markt after work. Can't guarantee that they will have so many copies left though.
I would be interested. I think people also like this release because it includes the 4K disc disk and that's rare compared to the other releases besides the French release which has a different cover completely.

• Thanks
Reactions: yy0925
I really wonder that this release is so popular, as it only has that standard lazy WB finish.
But if some ninjas here are on the waiting list of @CleverLoginName and @KittyCat, I might be able to help.
I would drop by my local Media Markt after work. Can't guarantee that they will have so many copies left though.

4K+2D and a steelbook with better design than the french steelbook. Also a fair pricepoint at €30

/edit: my order has shipped!

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: yy0925