E.T. The Extra Terrestrial (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

MK50

Premium Supporter
Oct 4, 2011
Frankfurt, Germany
Release date October 25th

917mtnI9N%2BL._AA1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B008AS4NPM/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

Real pics thanks to lupopaar1983 from german forum!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 91sq7Q8Qq+L__AA1500_.jpg
    91sq7Q8Qq+L__AA1500_.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 256
Last edited by a moderator:
Except ET is an American movie and uses the English language. I just don't like it when iconic movie logos or even entire titles in some cases are translated and changed.

I am quite aware of this. I also would prefer the original title.

But there are still some people who do not speak English very well or who even do not understand foreign titles.

By the way: ET was released in 1982.
At that time the film companies usually tried to find matching titles in the individual languages. - And were not always successful :) -
I admit, some were really horrible.

As new releases prove, this has now changed.

Take Jaws for example. Released in 1975 as Der weiße Hai.
You can't change the German title now with the new release as some people wouldn't know what it is.

hey guys! i dont know if you have check this up, but when playing the video from amazon.de where it shows the coming movie, it mentions the steelbook, but with the same color release as all the world, so at this point i think they'll change the blue one for the white one....

hey guys! i dont know if you have check this up, but when playing the video from amazon.de where it shows the coming movie, it mentions the steelbook, but with the same color release as all the world, so at this point i think they'll change the blue one for the white one....

Ugh... Means I'll have to cancel my order from amazon DE and just stick with the ones from amazon UK. Really liked that blue artwork..! :angry:

Somone must have this early. I tell you one thing though. If I ordered it based on the photos on amazon and it turns out to be silver I would be one irate customer. Amazon would have to give a refund.

Reactions: ash333
Somone must have this early. I tell you one thing though. If I ordered it based on the photos on amazon and it turns out to be silver I would be one irate customer. Amazon would have to give a refund.

did you check the video they have? is shows the metal color one, i have this on pre order with some other stuff that will be ship til November so if it changes i'll cancel the item...

Why doesn't anyone bother about the German title DER AUSSERIRDISCHE? ;) Strange, isn't it or I just could not find any post here. I think Germany will be the winner in the end as the blue colour makes this steelbook even more interesting - the other one looks ............ I don't know how... like some kind of tried but failed...

This one will be a HUGE release in Germany, and available everywhere!
Should not sell out before Christmas ;-)

Ok. So they probably printed 50,000 of them. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

This is why so many collectors are selling out.

Don't buy catalog titles. Only buy new releases.