UK
Release date: October 22nd, 2012

Amazon UK - Order here

Now available to pre-order at HMV

No other details other than UV copy and not an HMV exclusive

image.jpg

Actual pics thanks to hitster:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Both would be cool, but if there's just one, I'd MUCH rather have the original!

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

I'm still worried about it not being the original version. I just watched the little trailer video, and at the end of the trailer it says, "Bring home the Anniversary Edition on Blu Ray Hi-Def and DVD"

Awesome! Both would be cool, but if there's just one, I'd MUCH rather have the original!

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

I'm still worried about it not being the original version. I just watched the little trailer video, and at the end of the trailer it says, "Bring home the Anniversary Edition on Blu Ray Hi-Def and DVD"

I would assume that, considering its the 30th anniversary, there will be documentaries, featurettes, and a host of other goodies to go along with it.
Perhaps the 20th anniv. cut will also be present, but you can bet that the Original cut will be the main one.

It's the 100th anniversary of Universal and that's probably what they're refering to.

I agree! Any word on whether this will be the original theatrical version or the 20th Anniversary edition where they edited out the guns??

Apparently Steven Spielberg has gone on record as saying that the 20th Anniversary version was a big mistake. He admits that he was carried by the wave of post Columbine anti-gun sentimentality that was so prevalent at the time.
I would have thought the main version on the disc will be the original, presumably (hopefully) cleaned up.

Last edited:
I think most of us would still buy it even of its not the original version, its still better to have it tainted than not have at all :)

Also I think I will wait for Play to get it in rather than Pre-order from HMV, as they mostly are more expensive!

I'm thinking this will be a worldwide release, as I just can't get my head round this being a UK only steel. The titles just too big with too many world wide fans!

Plays description also says all new special features, the have a few special features listed! But as always they are subject to change.

Still it looks excellent :)

Amazon's the place to get this one then.

I think Play is the best because Amazon will post it on the day of release for the £17.99, so you have to pay for first class postage to get it around the same time as Play. Play using these fantastic new boxes that protect the Steelbook is another reason is why I am getting it from them.

But after his those “enhancements,” Spielberg had an all-too-rare moment of clarity: “I realized that what I had done was I had robbed the people who loved E.T. of their memories of E.T. And I regretted that.” By way of penance—and reinforced by informal audience poll—Spielberg promised that the upcoming Blu-ray release of E.T. would have only the original, untouched, guns-and-penises version.

I'm not worried. I look forward to an amazing looking 30th Anniversary edition of the Original E.T.!

Thank you, everyone for putting my worries to rest. From what I've read here, I'm sure we'll get the original version on this release. Now, if only we didn't have to wait until November to get it!