UK
Release date: October 22nd, 2012

Amazon UK - Order here

Now available to pre-order at HMV

No other details other than UV copy and not an HMV exclusive

image.jpg

Actual pics thanks to hitster:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree with what everyone has been saying -if the artwork is correct, this will be a beautiful steelbook, One which I will definitely be adding to my small collection. :oohyeah:

the UK rocks right now for steelbooks! We have quite away to go to compete with Germany, but were getting there

This steelbook looks friggin excellent, I actually prefer the white look to the original blue/night time look. It's shows that they put some thought in to it rather than keeping the same old tired colour scheme! In some ways I would love this to be a UK exclusive, but I wouldn't want anyone on the HDN to miss out so I'm a little torn!

I agree! Any word on whether this will be the original theatrical version or the 20th Anniversary edition where they edited out the guns??

I would guess theatrical or both cuts, not the newer gun less one alone. Just from that interview Spielberg did.

ColombianLove41
Using Tapatalk on iPhone 4

I agree! Any word on whether this will be the original theatrical version or the 20th Anniversary edition where they edited out the guns??

this will 99% be only the Theatrical cut.
A few months ago Spielberg did a dialogue session about how he regretted changing things in E.T. like the guns to walkies and that he would never again retouch one of his movies.
After that he posed a question asking: if "I were to only release on definitive copy of E.T. would everyone be happy if it was the original theatrical cut?" to which the crowd unanimously exclaimed "YES"

So it will def. be the theatrical cut.. the 20th anniv. cut could also be included but I wouldn't count on it.
Im happy with the original and I cant wait!