EA sports shutting down servers for older games

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
The following is an important update regarding online service for some older EA titles.

Servers for the games listed below will be shut down on the indicated dates. You may continue to play the games online up until these dates, but certain community programs may begin to close down prior to the shutdown dates.

All of us at EA would like to thank you for your valued participation in our online gaming community and hope that your enthusiasm for these games extends to our current lineup and beyond.

If you have further questions about your account or the shut down of these services, please visit http://support.ea.comhome.php?p_sid=9TYsobRj.

Thank you,
Electronic Arts

February 9, 2010 Online Service Shutdown

2009 titles

Madden '09 (PS2, PS3, PSP, PC, WII, 360)

2008 Titles

Madden '08 (Ps2, PS3, PC, Wii, 360)
NHL '08 (PC)

2007 Titles

FIFA 07 (PC)
Madden 07 (PC, 360)
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® '07 (PC)
UEFA Champions League™ 07 (PC)

February 2, 2010 Online Service Shutdown

2009 Titles

Facebreaker (Ps3, 360)
Fantasy Football '09 (PS3, 360)
NBA Live '09 (WII - EU only)
NCAA Football '09 (PS2)
NASCAR® 09 (PS3, 360 in EU ONLY and PS2)

2008 Titles

Fight Night Round 3 (PS2)
NBA LIVE 08 (PS2, PSP, WII)
NCAA Football '08 (PS2)
Nascar '08 (PS2)

2007 Titles

FIFA 07 (PS2, PSP, PC)
March Madness 07 (360)
NBA LIVE 07 (PSP, 360)
NBA Street (2007) (PS3, 360)
NFL Tour (PS3, 360)
NHL® 07(PSP, 360)
UEFA Champions League 07 for Xbox 360

I wonder what happens to the on-line trophies for people that get the game after the servers are taken down. And even more sketch is what about the people that have the list loaded onto their PS3, but don't have those trophies.

Are both groups screwed out of a platinum? Or will those trophies disappear for those that don't have them and be bonus trophies for those that do.

I wonder what happens to the on-line trophies for people that get the game after the servers are taken down. And even more sketch is what about the people that have the list loaded onto their PS3, but don't have those trophies.

Are both groups screwed out of a platinum? Or will those trophies disappear for those that don't have them and be bonus trophies for those that do.
I'm pretty sure those trophies will stick around, never to be unlocked again. This is why there should never be online trophies for gaming.

Suck move on EA's part... If you're going to build in an online component you should be prepared to support it until there's literally no more people using it.

Thank goodness Sony isn't pulling this on Warhawk

None of those games have trophies ... Im only pissed at then shutting down online for Madden 09 ... it was the 20th anniversary edition and thus many folks kept that one instead of turning it in trading etc. ... now it cant be played online anymore ... boooooo.

Infact, they shouldnt shut down any 09 titles ... they are just forcing people to buy the 2010 titles is all ..... they should wait 2 years out per title before shutting down ... that would be respectfully right.

None of those games have trophies ... Im only pissed at then shutting down online for Madden 09 ... it was the 20th anniversary edition and thus many folks kept that one instead of turning it in trading etc. ... now it cant be played online anymore ... boooooo.

Infact, they shouldnt shut down any 09 titles ... they are just forcing people to buy the 2010 titles is all ..... they should wait 2 years out per title before shutting down ... that would be respectfully right.
Well I'm hoping that they won't do the same thing to Dead Space 2, because I heard thats going to have online features, or even worse for you...Battlefield: Bad Company. You wouldn't want that to happen now, don't ya?