Horror-Arrow-Limited Ed Edgar Allan Poe’s Black Cats Limited Edition 3,000 (Arrow Video) UK/USA

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
UK Release Date: 19th October 2015
US Release Date: 27th October 2015

Purchase Links:
UK

Arrow Films £32.99
Amazon UK
Price: £34.99
Zavvi
Price: £45.99

Purchase Links:
USA

Amazon USA
Price: $39.99
Diabolik DVD
Price: $49.99

Limited Edition

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
  • Brand new 2K restorations of the films from the original camera negatives
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
  • Original Italian and English soundtracks in mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
  • Newly translated subtitles for the Italian soundtracks
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtracks
  • Brand new interview with director Sergio Martino
  • Dolls of Flesh and Blood: The Gialli of Sergio Martino – a visual essay by Michael Mackenzie exploring Sergio Martino’s unique contributions to the giallo genre
  • Stephen Thrower, author of Beyond Terror – The Films of Lucio Fulci, on The Black Cat
  • Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
  • Limited Edition 80-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the films, Poe’s original story and more, illustrated with archive stills and posters
  • Much more to be announced!

BlackcatsSTORE-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PunkNinja
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Limited Edition boxed-set (3000 copies) containing Your Vice Is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key and The Black Cat • Brand new 2K restorations of the films from the original camera negatives • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations • Original Italian and English soundtracks in mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-rays) • Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtracks • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtracks • Limited Edition 80-page booklet containing new articles on the films, Lucio Fulci’s last ever interview and a reprint of Poe’s original story

YOUR VICE IS A LOCKED ROOM AND ONLY I HAVE THE KEY

• Through the Keyhole – a brand new interview with director Sergio Martino • Unveiling the Vice – making-of retrospective featuring interviews with Martino, star Edwige Fenech and screenwriter Ernesto Gastaldi • Dolls of Flesh and Blood: The Gialli of Sergio Martino – a visual essay by Michael Mackenzie exploring the director’s unique contributions to the giallo genre • The Strange Vices of Ms. Fenech – film historian Justin Harries on the Your Vice actress’ prolific career • Eli Roth on Your Vice and the genius of Martino • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin

THE BLACK CAT

• Brand new audio commentary by filmmaker and Fangoria editor Chris Alexander • Poe into Fulci: The Spirit of Perverseness – film historian Stephen Thrower on Fulci’s Poe-tinged classic • In the Paw-Prints of the Black Cat – a look at the original Black Cat locations • Frightened Dagmar – a brand new career interview with actress Dagmar Lassander • At Home with David Warbeck – an archive interview with The Black Cat star • Original Theatrical Trailer • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin

Unfortunately the price tracking graph facility for Blu-rays has been removed from BR.com so I'm in the dark regarding the price history of this item.
I'd appreciate it if any member can advise if this boxset has done anything on the downside from its current price level of approx. GBP 34.

Unfortunately the price tracking graph facility for Blu-rays has been removed from BR.com so I'm in the dark regarding the price history of this item.
I'd appreciate it if any member can advise if this boxset has done anything on the downside from its current price level of approx. GBP 34.
I've seen it for £32.99 but I don't think it's been any less than that.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia
I just ordered from Arrow Films direct

Note
This is a limited edition 3,000
Price is still high with most retailers but I used my Arrow Films reward points and got this including shipping for £32.42 (€47.70)

I'm looking forward to getting this
Note as of October 16th they had sold 70% of the stock so I decided to not wait any longer as the price was not dropping with the other retailers

Last edited:
Reactions: PunkNinja
***Limited Edition Update***

We know a lot of you have been asking for updates on various Limited Edition releases so we thought we'd collect them in one handy update:

The Long Good Friday+Mona Lisa 30% remaining
Edgar Allan Poe's Black Cats 40% remaining
Blood Rage 65% remaining
Nekromantik 2 15% remaining
Kiju Yoshida: Love + Anarchism 60% remaining
The Jacques Rivette Collection 60% remaining
Deep Red 25% remaining
Battles Without Honour and Humanity 40% remaining
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls + The Seven Minutes 75% remaining
Nikkatsu Diamond Guys Vol 1 85% remaining
Audition SteelBook 80% remaining
Fassbinder Collection 70% remaining