Release date: October 13th, 2014
Purchase links: In store only
Price: £19.99
Group Buy: Click HERE < hosted by Naughtius Maximus

proof.jpg

image.jpg

eot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I soooo need to know it the 3D is a sticker or printed on it. Just saw the movie and it was incredible.

You don't seriously believe there's the slightest chance of the 3D logo being a sticker do you? Preordered mine today.

Not having paid much attention to 300 ROAE I don't know, but I'm sure plenty of people here will - justboy said that it was an exclusive. Edge of Tomorrow may be 'exclusive' to HMV, but the same 3D steelbook in every country. My money is on the 3D being printed, not stickered.

Will be interested to see if it's a 3D sticker also! Passing on all UK 3D releases at the moment gone for the Target exclusive instead.

Nothing against them sticking the 3D disk inside and adding logo to j-card, but plastering it all over the front and spine is too much, it's only a technical spec after all.:grumpy:

The sticker idea is a no-brainer imo, it works so well with age rating logo's, so why not all 3D releases?

Keeps the ones who want 3D disc (coaster:p) happy without soiling the steelbook for the rest, plus they don't have to do separate print runs for each version, win-win in my book.:thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnie123 and kron
Tried Belfast. Not on their system yet. Was told to check back Wednesday. The guy hadn't heard about it. Not surprising considerin how last minute this was!

BluRaySteve. Checked HMV Belfast today mate. They said it was NOW on the system and they are getting it in. So I preordered. Minimum amount £5.
Just to be on the safe side I paid full price. Said the system has £22.99 as the price (which made sense as I think that's the price for other 3D movies)

BluRaySteve. Checked HMV Belfast today mate. They said it was NOW on the system and they are getting it in. So I preordered. Minimum amount £5.
Just to be on the safe side I paid full price. Said the system has £22.99 as the price (which made sense as I think that's the price for other 3D movies)

Thanks for the heads up dude I'll pop round today!

Edit: got my order in. Was told they had 'tons' coming in and I don't need to preorder, but I did just incase. Cheers @CABBAGEFANCLUB for letting me know! They still stare at me in Belfast when I mention steelbook so i'm glad i'm not the only one!

Last edited:
So went into HMV/Xtravision in Thurles and they told me that this was on their system now and that i could pre order it if i wanted, so i did, they looked for €5 deposit and the steel is costing €27.99..its a far cry from what i was told on the phone last Monday, buy im happy now....

So went into HMV/Xtravision in Thurles and they told me that this was on their system now and that i could pre order it if i wanted, so i did, they looked for €5 deposit and the steel is costing €27.99..its a far cry from what i was told on the phone last Monday, buy im happy now....
Really? I preordered in my HMV with a €5 deposit last Tues and I was told it was going to be €22.99 and I would only have to pay €18 on the day??? Either it's not the Steelbook they reserved (although I asked them to make sure about 5 times!!!) or I'm getting a good deal! This doesn't bode well :(

Thanks for the heads up dude I'll pop round today!

Edit: got my order in. Was told they had 'tons' coming in and I don't need to preorder, but I did just incase. Cheers @CABBAGEFANCLUB for letting me know! They still stare at me in Belfast when I mention steelbook so i'm glad i'm not the only one!

Good job mate. Glad you got one. I agree, you could go in on the day and find NONE left. You would go mental. LOL.

But I just thought..HMV Belfast is supposed to be associated with HMV (Ireland) who release on a Friday, I believe. Where HMV (UK) release on the Monday. I wonder when ours will be released.?? More investigation me thinks.

Will be interested to see if it's a 3D sticker also! Passing on all UK 3D releases at the moment gone for the Target exclusive instead.

Nothing against them sticking the 3D disk inside and adding logo to j-card, but plastering it all over the front and spine is too much, it's only a technical spec after all.:grumpy:

The sticker idea is a no-brainer imo, it works so well with age rating logo's, so why not all 3D releases?

Keeps the ones who want 3D disc (coaster:p) happy without soiling the steelbook for the rest, plus they don't have to do separate print runs for each version, win-win in my book.:thumbs:

I feel the same as you. I'm purchasing the Non 3D Steelbook and adding the 3D disc to it. More expensive but a much better option for me.