Edge of Tomorrow - In theaters May 25, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Tagline: Live, Die, Repeat

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Doug Liman[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Tom Cruise[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emily Blunt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brendan Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bill Paxton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jonas Armstrong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tony Way[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kick Gurry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Franz Drameh[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dragomir Mrsic[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlotte Riley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Masayoshi Haneda[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Terence Maynard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Noah Taylor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lee Asquith-Coe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lara Pulver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Madeleine Mantock[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marianne Jean-Baptiste[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeremy Piven[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Beth Goddard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Assly Zandry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sebastian Blunt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ronan Summers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aaron Romano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Usman Akram[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bentley Kalu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mairead McKinley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andrew Neil[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Martin Hyder[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tommy Campbell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Dutton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harry Landis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rachel Handshaw[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Martin McDougall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anna Botting[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jane Hill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Erin Burnett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dany Cushmaro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Kaye[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-05-27[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]113[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Major Bill Cage is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously demoted and dropped into combat. Cage is killed within minutes, managing to take an alpha alien down with him. He awakens back at the beginning of the same day and is forced to fight and die again... and again - as physical contact with the alien has thrown him into a time loop.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
tpoVEYvm6qcXueZrQYJNRLXL88s.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
A soldier fighting in a war with aliens finds himself caught in a time loop of his last day in the battle, though he becomes better skilled along the way.
With: Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Bill Paxton and more

Trailer:
[media=youtube]LQltOdUuBXc[/media]

Attachments

• eot.jpg
    eot.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 305
Last edited by a moderator:
It held pretty strong domestically, taking 4th place in it's 2nd week at the B.O. Obviously hopes were higher, but it could reach $100m.

I initially had no desire to see this. Ended up going with a friend who really wanted to see it and I'm glad I did. Edge Of Tomorrow isn't a spectacular film, but it sure is F-ing fun and funny. Thoroughly entertaining. There were a few things that could have been done better, but overall the action and effects were quite good. I agree that the ending is a little groan worthy, but I get why McQuarrie and Liman went with it over a darker ending. Liked EOT better than X-Men: DOFP.

Reactions: kaw
Looks like the idiots over at WB have Officially changed the title of Edge of Tomorrow to "Live, Die, Repeat" for the home release... So lame.
Check out IMDB.

_1408394909.jpg

When I saw the horrible Blu-Ray cover I thought it was just a bad use of "tagline text", but nope. It's now the name of the movie...

This is one of the stupidest things i have ever seen a studio do.
Its not like I was in love with the original title for the film or anything. But it's not the title was the reason why it didn't preform domestically. It was the Studio and marketing's fault.
...And lets be honest. Live, Die, Repeat is a much worse name for this wonderful film.

This makes me very frustrated.

Last edited:
Looks like the idiots over at WB have Officially changed the title of Edge of Tomorrow to "Live, Die, Repeat" for the home release... So lame.
Check out IMDB.
_1408394909.jpg

When I saw the horrible Blu-Ray cover I thought it was just a bad use of "tagline text", but nope. It's now the name of the movie...

This is one of the stupidest things i have ever seen a studio do.
Its not like I was in love with the original title for the film or anything. But it's not the title was the reason why it didn't preform domestically. It was the Studio and marketing's fault.
...And lets be honest. Live, Die, Repeat is a much worse name for this wonderful film.

This makes me very frustrated.
WOW! :jawdrop: No fu**ing way! I've never heard of such a thing... :rolleyes: :facepalm: How odd :confused:

Well, I cant wait to own "Live. Die. Repeat." on Blu-Ray! :D :p

The problem here is that the movie bombed even if the critics and movie goers all agree it was great.
WB think that the title mislead and could have caused those bad results.

The movie didn't do well over here... But Worldwide it's made $363 Million. Thats not too bad.
Any chance you think WB is just doing this to get people talking about the release? Its still a pretty odd thing to do... it just causes confusion.

Just read on twitter that WB was contacted regarding the title. Apparently it still is Edge of Tomorrow... IMDb must have jumped the gun.

Reactions: Drum18
The movie didn't do well over here... But Worldwide it's made $363 Million. Thats not too bad.
Any chance you think WB is just doing this to get people talking about the release? Its still a pretty odd thing to do... it just causes confusion.
In the movie business, to know if the movie did well or not, they first look at the Domestic box office, then Worldwide. Also, it's known that when the declare the budget, you need to 2x it since the marketing is NOT include in the first amount. And god knows they did a LOT of marketing for this...

Production Budget: $178 million
Domestic: $99.7 million
Foreign: $264 million
= Worldwide: $363,8 million
http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=allyouneediskill.htm

So, overall, it did money, but for the industry, it's a flop :(