Edward Scissorhands (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #27) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 14, 2016
Purchase link: Film Arena
Price: 699 CZK
Group Buy: carllenc
Notes: Limited numbered 2000 copies

1.jpg

Guys confirmed FAC edition final BS :) very nice Fullslip a lenticular magnet ... :)

Last edited:
With all the sweet steelbook releases coming between now and Christmas looks like my kids won't be getting much this year! :rofl:

I'll still get it for nostalgia's sake though.... (And Danny Elfman's killer score!)

@C.C. 95 On the subject of nostalgia, it was also Vincent Price's last Hollywood movie.

A fitting end to a varied career, most famous for Roger Corman's Edgar Allan Poe adaptations of the 60s, but which had also included films as diverse as "The Three Musketeers" (1948), "The Ten Commandments" (1956) and, my own personal favourite of his canon, "Witchfinder General" (1968).

Reactions: C.C. 95
@C.C. 95 On the subject of nostalgia, it was also Vincent Price's last Hollywood movie.

A fitting end to a varied career, most famous for Roger Corman's Edgar Allan Poe adaptations of the 60s, but which had also included films as diverse as "The Three Musketeers" (1948), "The Ten Commandments" (1956) and, my own personal favourite of his canon, "Witchfinder General" (1968).
I love the Witchfinder General! My personal favourite: Theatre of Blood. "2 dogs! 2 pies!"

Reactions: augustus

True, @augustus. I forgot about that. Coupled with Burton's 'Vincent' short- he certainly made sure Price went out on a high note. He will forever be attached to the Corman/Poe movies for me. I remember being surprised when I was younger that he wasn't British! For some reason I had always thought he was, probably because of the Corman/Poe stuff!
(But, to be fair, that happens more often with people's assumptions of actor's nationalities than one would think. Does anyone know Anthony LaPaglia and Portia de Rossi are Australian? That Mel Gibson is NOT Australian- but American by birth?):D

Reactions: augustus
'Theatre of Blood' :thumbs: and 'Witchfinder General' absolutely but let's not forget the two wonderfully atmospheric Dr. Phibes films :) and even VP's sinister narration on Alice Cooper's 'Black Widow' on the ' Welcome to My Nightmare' LP is a lot of fun . . . and educational too :)

Anyway, back to this - I'm puzzled to see two to three 25th Anniversary Editions in The States but I can't see anything for the U.K. - and it's only a month away - unless they are going to make it a proper 25th and have a December release?

These editions do look good though with the nice shiny new disc an' all but I personally could have done without the tat and would have much preferred some quality reading material in the style of the top class
Arrow boxsets.

I sincerely hope they don't let us down by giving us the old disc(s) in the steelbook and save the new for the Anniversary Boxset Edition in December (if the plan is for us to have an Anniversary Boxset) and
It certainly won't be the first time we are left cursing the fact that the nice shiny premium packaging steelbook does not have the best available content and we are forced to double / triple dip on titles - just think 'Pixels' most recently (n)

Quite a few films have had Anniversary / Collector's Boxsets so why not this one ?

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
'Theatre of Blood' :thumbs: and 'Witchfinder General' absolutely but let's not forget the two wonderfully atmospheric Dr. Phibes films :) and even VP's sinister narration on Alice Cooper's 'Black Widow' on the ' Welcome to My Nightmare' LP is a lot of fun . . . and educational too :)

Anyway, back to this - I'm puzzled to see two to three 25th Anniversary Editions in The States but I can't see anything for the U.K. - and it's only a month away - unless they are going to make it a proper 25th and have a December release?

These editions do look good though with the nice shiny new disc an' all but I personally could have done without the tat and would have much preferred some quality reading material in the style of the top class
Arrow boxsets.

I sincerely hope they don't let us down by giving us the old disc(s) in the steelbook and save the new for the Anniversary Boxset Edition in December (if the plan is for us to have an Anniversary Boxset) and
It certainly won't be the first time we are left cursing the fact that the nice shiny premium packaging steelbook does not have the best available content and we are forced to double / triple dip on titles - just think 'Pixels' most recently (n)

Quite a few films have had Anniversary / Collector's Boxsets so why not this one ?

This one could be a 25th Anniversary edition.
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...s-blu-ray-steelbook-zavvi-exclusive-uk.69390/

Apologies, guys, for posting (no.47) in the wrong place - it was meant to be in the U.K. 'E.S.' steelbook thread :)

Last edited: