[ENDED][Retro & Collectables Giveaway] Robocop 1/6th Figure by Hot Toys! (worth £189!)

Naughtius Maximus

Premium Supporter
Oct 30, 2011
Dead or alive, you're coming with me!

HOST / Donated by:
Naughtius Maximus / Retro & Collectables

DURATION:
19th April - 8th May

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All registered members, regardless of post count

The PRIZE: (worth £189!)

http://www.retroandcollectables.co.uk/robocop-hot-toys

How do i win this?!

Q 1) Studios keep remaking classics, what film do you think would be the worst ever to remake
Q 2) What remake is actually better than the original? and why
Q 3) If original Robocop had a fight with the new Robocop who would win?

CONTEST TERMS and other Info:
One post/entry per person. You may request as many steels as you like. The winner is responsible for paying for his/her own shipping. see here for costs:

UK: £13
EU: £20
ROW: £TBC (probably £25-35, depends on your location)

Good luck everyone!

Click HERE to support the site

Last edited:
Q 1) Studios keep remaking classics, what film do you think would be the worst ever to remake
Jumanji.

The Fly, better CGI, effects and overall more fun/gore.

Original Robocop of course.

Hi.

Thank you for this great opportunity. : polegares:

Q1 - Ferris Bueller's Day Off :cool:
Q2 - True Grit - more faithful to the book and great performances of the cast; :woot:
Q3 - Original Robocop, he is more cruel and without morals.:punch:

Awesome giveaway.

1) Shawshank Redemption - Cant be improved ;)

2) The Thing - John Carpenter's version has become an instant classic that is still so awesome today.

3) The Original - Most of the time, the old, original version is still the best.

Ermagherd!

This would look awesome in my front room (much to my wife's displeasure) so I must enter!

Q1 - The Shawshank Redemption. They will NEVER equal that masterpiece

Q2 - best remake IMHO (where I thought it was better than the original) was Night of the Living Dead

Q3 - do I really need to answer this? Not only is Peter Weller Robocop badass, he's also Buckaroo Banzi under that metal.

Back to th Future, IMO there are no actors to replace M.J.Fox and C. Lloyd and nothing in the world can be better as a stainless DeLorean for a timemachine

I thing Nightmare on Elm Street was a awesome remake. Sure Englund IS Freddy Krueger but I like Haley better

Original will win because he beat the crap out of an awesome bad ass Ed-209

1. Taxi Driver - From the score, to the cast, to the tone and atmosphere it could never be pulled off as perfect as it was.

2. Scareface - The Brian De Palma version is so iconic that unless you're a film buff you probably wouldn't know it was a remake. It tops the original by upping the ante in every facet of acting, production, story, and iconography. It not only surpasses the original it makes you forget the original.

3. OG RoboCop - it would be like a Chevelle going head up versus a Prius. Your talking a built to last vs. build to save gas! PVH's OG RoboCop Wins!! Allday -- Everyday!!

Thx for GA!

1. The Big Lebowski - If someone ever get that bright idea I'm going on a killer spree!

2. Scarface

3. The original

Thanks for the giveaway! :)

1. I think the worst remake ever would be Jaws. I think the film is masterpiece in music, tension, horror and action. Back in the time it was released, little was known of the great white which made it even more scary. I think if they remade it today, the likeliness of cgi and the abundance of shark movies in the past 20 years there would be little they could bring to the table that would excite or captivate am audience.

2. The Fly. Jeff Goldblum, Gina Davis, the perfect mix of drama, science fiction and horror. Doesn't get much better than.

3. I'd say the new Robocop, there's no doubt the original was a classic and he was brutal as hell, but the new Robocop was.more humanised.. And therefore I felt like he had more to fight for in terms of his family etc, not to mention he is more agile, I think it'd be close but he'd pull off the win

Amazing giveaway!

1. Rocky (1976), with a young Sly, Weathers, Meredith, Shire and Burt Young (RIP), they made it work! Low budget film for its time also.
2. Dredd over the comedy of Judge Dredd. Star Trek (2010) was better than Star Trek The Movie.
3. Original Robocop, he took down bigger and badder replacements and was just so damn tough (I'll buy that for a dollar!)

1 What film do you think would be the worst ever to remake
Jaws, even now the music will get the hairs on your neck moving

2 What remake is actually better than the original? and why
Dredd, Simply nailed it .

3 If original Robocop had a fight with the new Robocop who would win?
Original Robocop hands down :thumbs:

Thanks for the Give Away

1. The Godfather. Its just too iconic of a movie to remake. No remake could live up to the originals legacy.
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003. Both are very good but I just enjoyed the remake more.
3. Original wins cause he just looks tougher. New Robocop is lame.

1. E.T.
2. John Carpenter's THE THING (1982) is much better than the original from 1951 (better atmosphere, better special effects, better soundtrack).
3. I guess the old Robocop would win, he has all the routine. :)

Thanks for the giveaway!

Thanks for the giveaway!

1) Worst remake would have to be 2001 A Space Odyssey. It's perfect as it is. I hope no one ever dares touch it.

2)The Thing for best remake (I'm talking about John Carpenters remake of the Thing From Another World not the very recent rubbish!) Best remake of any thing and arguably one of the greatest horror films full stop. Great atmosphere, tension and a real feeling if claustrophobia and paranoia!

3) Old Robocop as the 80s were just full of the hardest men. Murphy would beat him to a pulp!

Excellent giveaway, David

1) The Shining Stanley Kubrick & Jack Nicholson, it just doesn't get any better and don't even try. :thumbs:

2) Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) This is one of the best movie remakes in my book. :thumbs:

3) Original Robocop Because Murphy had a heart :thumbs:

1. Modern Times (1936)
2. War of the Worlds (2005) is closer to the feel of the book than the 1953 version.
3. The 1987 version, he's grittier.

Thx for the awesome giveaway!

WOW what an awesome price :wow: Hot Toys :drool: Thanks a bunch David and Retro & Collectables :thumbs:

1) The Usual Suspects - no one ever could replace Kevin Spacey as Verbal Kint :stop:
2) Scarface with Al Pacino - I like the first one but I love the remake with Pacino :notworthy:
3) Sadly the new one would win because of better technology :dunno:

What a GREAT give-away. It blows my mind. Wow.

1. Big Trouble in little China. Heard rumors about a remake. Cannot imagine that this could be good. The old movie is perfect.

2. For me there is no doubt: Invasion of the body snatchers. The remake is one of the scariest movies ever made. It one of my top ten horror movie. A perfect remake. With a hell of an ending.

3. The old one of course. It bulkier and heavier. That means more protection and more Ka-Boom.

Thanks a lot for this awesome give-away.