[ENDED][Retro & Collectables Giveaway] Robocop 1/6th Figure by Hot Toys! (worth £189!)

Naughtius Maximus

Premium Supporter
Oct 30, 2011
Dead or alive, you're coming with me!

HOST / Donated by:
Naughtius Maximus / Retro & Collectables

DURATION:
19th April - 8th May

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All registered members, regardless of post count

The PRIZE: (worth £189!)

http://www.retroandcollectables.co.uk/robocop-hot-toys

How do i win this?!

Q 1) Studios keep remaking classics, what film do you think would be the worst ever to remake
Q 2) What remake is actually better than the original? and why
Q 3) If original Robocop had a fight with the new Robocop who would win?

CONTEST TERMS and other Info:
One post/entry per person. You may request as many steels as you like. The winner is responsible for paying for his/her own shipping. see here for costs:

UK: £13
EU: £20
ROW: £TBC (probably £25-35, depends on your location)

Good luck everyone!

Click HERE to support the site

Last edited:
1/ I'd hate to see a remake of the warriors love that film....
2/I'd say the thing is better remake than the original...
3/I'd say the original robocop would win and great give away...

Last edited:
Thanks for the awesome giveaway :notworthy::notworthy::drool:

1 - i'd hate to see jaws remade
2 - I prefer the remake of day of the dead, only by a little.. why? Just thought the story was a bit better
3 - has to be the original robocop:thumbs:

1. Back To The Future will be moot to remake.
2. Dredd is WAYYY better than Judge Dredd.
3. Original Robocop will kick ass!!

Many thanks for this fab giveaway!

stunning prize

1. I'd hate jaws to be remade as one of my fave cult films the original does not need tarnishing with dodgey cgi sharks

2. best remake for me is the new evil dead I really enjoyed it the gore was awesome and it was very well made

3. silly question come on can only be original robocop lol

What an awesome giveaway:

Q 1) Studios keep remaking classics, what film do you think would be the worst ever to remake
Answer: The Shining, i cant imagine how they will capture the atmosphere and eerieness with all the hollywood cgi and glam and predictablility.
Answer The new king kong is better than every old king kong...because of TRex vs King Kong and Empire State Building
Q 3)If original Robocophad a fight with the new Robocopwho would win?
The original will win definitely, no question about it as Old if Gold

Q1. Back To the Future.
Q2. Evil Dead remake, I know the original is loved but I like the gorefest of the new version.
Q3. Has much has I love the original film, The new Robocop would win because he's more advanced with speed & agility and much better weapons.

Thanks for the give away.

Thank you for another great giveaway :)

1. Quadrophenia, we are the mods, we are the mods, this could never be remade better than the original even with the filming mistakes they overlooked back then :)

2. The Thing, much better than the first attempt and one of my favourite remade films to date

3. The original would win hands down as he was the original and the remake was a poor imitation IMO

Ron

awesome giveaway!

Q 1)
Hands down BLADE RUNNER or JAWS. I think Hollywood woluld officially jump the shark.
Q 2) TRUE GRIT - I'm a big Coen Brothers fan and I love the way that this movie feels over the 1969 film. Yes, John Wayne is John Wayne but Jeff Bridges is a great Rooster Cockburn
Q 3) Old Peter Weller, gritty, bad ass Robocop. He was cold and unforgiving where the new one isn't as tough.

Thanks for the give away :thumbs:

1. Indiana Jones, classics the way they are and should be left well alone.
2. The Thing is easily the best remake of any film ever.
3. Original Robocop would win win the fight.

1) Many choices, but probably Shawshank Redemption or The Godfather. Or my absolute favourite From Dusk Till Dawn, couldn't get any better than this:rofl:

2) Many choices here as well, I think quite lot horror remakes are actually better than the original one. For instance the Maniac (2012) with Elijah Wood is much better than the original from 1980. Probably because time has passed the original one.

3) The original Robocop would win in a fight, that is for sure.

Thanks again for this awesome giveaway #Naughtius Maximus:thumbs:

1. The Godfather
2. Evil Dead. I loved how they removed the dark comedy side of the original.
3. Original, of course. Basically because the other is PG-13. :D

I would hate for them to remake The Godfather.

Q 2)
What remake is actually better than the original? and why
Scarface was much better than it's original. Much more modern and so so gangster!!

Q 3)
If original Robocophad a fight with the new Robocopwho would win?
The original with out a doubt!

Thank you for letting me participate!!

Back to the future
The fly better effects
The Original
Thanks for the giveaway

Scarface, The Godfather. To me these are perfect films.

True Grit. I watched the remake first, which actually made me buy the original to see what it was like. I do enjoy John Wayne movies, but I think Jeff Bridges absolutely smashes it as Rooster Cogburn.

Weller's Robocop was more calculating. He'd ping a bullet off a wall into new Robo's head.

Thanks for the awesome giveaway.

Q 3)If original Robocophad a fight with the new Robocopwho would win?

1) The worst movie they could remake is 2001: A Space Odyssey. Some classics just don't need to be touched.
2) I like the original Dawn of the Dead but think the remake takes a cool story and updates it well. Making the zombies fast added more tension to the storyline IMO.
3) I think the new Robocop would win just because his speed and agility is a step ahead of the original.

Q 1) Shawshank redemption - such a harrowing movie, it would never have justice served if it were to be remade
Q 2) Oceans 11 - really enjoyed this movie, more modern take, superb casting
Q 3)pfffttt the orignal robocop all the way!!

awesome give away!!!!

Q 1) Star Wars - the fan would kill someone.
Q 2) Invasion of the body snatchers.
Q 3) Original Robocop would win everytime - the new one is too kid friendly.
Thank you for an excellent prize give away :thumbs::thumbs:

Let's get right down to it...

winner_is.jpg

@capricornio34232

CONGRATS \O/ :thumbs: thanks again to EVERYONE who took part and for Retro & Collectable for the prize!​

I WILL PM THE WINNER TO ARRANGE POSTAGE.

Cheers

David