Ender's Game (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Release Date: March 10th, 2014
Price: £15.99 (instore purchase only)
GBs hosted by: HUBMUSWELL or Naughtius Maximus (no security tags)
Notes: Region B, Limited edition of 4000, Gloss finish, Debossed title, and logo on the reverse. The art is designed by Mondo

View attachment 61956

More pics (thanks to ricster)

SPECS:
As per this link http://uk.eonefilms.com/news-events/ender-s-game

Audio + Subtitle languages: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio/2.0 Stereo. Subtitles: English SDH
Region: B

Studio eOne
Title: ENDER’S GAME
Certificate: 12
Genre: Sci-fi/ Action
Runtime: 114 minutes
Format: Blu-ray / DVD

SPECIAL FEATURES
· Audio Commentary by director Gavin Hood
· Audio Commentary by producers Gigi Pritzkerand Bob Orci

· Deleted/Extended Scenes (with optional audio commentary by Gavin Hood)
· BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE: Ender's World: The Making of Ender's Game

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this only being released in HMV's in the UK or will it be released in HMV throughout europe?

I'll ask.

Just heard back. This is all the information I was given.

hmv stores in Ireland are owned and operated by Xtra-vision so you'll need to check availability directly with them

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Heard back from Xtra-Vision.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your e mail.

We won’t be getting this at present and it may be Exclusive elsewhere as some Steel-books are Exclusive only to some Retail websites as well.

With kind regards,

Michael

I was under the impression Xtra Vision AND HMV in Ireland were both owned by Hilco? Also I thought HMV bought out Xtra Vision? Not the other way around?

As HMV are also owned by Hilco in the UK.
Really there's no reason why they can't sell them over here.

Last edited:
Reactions: blade803
AFAIK, as an example, Riddick was an HMV UK exclusive (not for sale in HMV Ireland stores) - whereas Kick-Ass 2 was available in both... Dubliner1 was told this by HMV staff in the Dublin store a few weeks back...

AFAIK, as an example, Riddick was an HMV UK exclusive (not for sale in HMV Ireland stores) - whereas Kick-Ass 2 was available in both... Dubliner1 was told this by HMV staff in the Dublin store a few weeks back...

Kick Ass 2 wasn't a HMV exclusive though???? It was widely available. I got mine from Amazon.

The last HMV exclusive available in Ireland was Wolverine 3D. We never got Riddick, Red 2 or even A Good Day To Die Hard. I can never work out their reasoning.

Last edited:
Just heard back. This is all the information I was given.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Heard back from Xtra-Vision.

Thanks for finding that info out for me mate it's much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

I was under the impression Xtra Vision AND HMV in Ireland were both owned by Hilco? Also I thought HMV bought out Xtra Vision? Not the other way around?

As HMV are also owned by Hilco in the UK.
Really there's no reason why they can't sell them over here.

That's what I thought as well, so yeah like you say there should be no reason why they can't sell them over here as well as in the UK, looks like us folks here in Ireland are getting the shaft again when it comes to HMV exclusives..

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
love the art, love the debossing but can't get over the fact that the Dragon army emblem is blue, should be orange.

If I buy this do I need to buy the Mondo as well, harrumph

Reactions: kaworu nagisa
The term exclusivity sometimes come with a time period associated with it. Once it lapses, the stock could be bought and sold by other retailers. This is why we see HMV exclusives without any HMV exclusive text printed on the J-card or stuck to the inside of the Steelbook.

The term exclusivity sometimes come with a time period associated with it. Once it lapses, the stock could be bought and sold by other retailers. This is why we see HMV exclusives without any HMV exclusive text printed on the J-card or stuck to the inside of the Steelbook.

Is that why Red 2 is now for sale at Entertainment Store then? I thought that was HMV exclusive?

What the what? I just realized when you say "debossed title, and logo on the reverse" You actually mean the logo on the reverse is also debossed! Looks so slick!

Who wants some more dodgy shots of this one?

Oh okay, since you insist!

YAuRIBc.jpg

oeubfZ9.jpg

YGtddVA.jpg

ZzqvZCA.jpg

Looks a lot like the Looper steelbook...guessing same Mondo artist yes?

If this has a print run of 4000 across all HMV stores this one is going to go pretty quick I'd imagine? Anyone know how many there still are in the UK and Ireland?

EDIT: Oh, how many HMVs? Guessing @130 stores...
Double Edit:

As of August 2013, HMV has 133 stores across the United Kingdom, together with 9 stores trading under the Fopp brand.

My GB is still open...

GB Ender's Game (UK, HMV Exclusive) - SteelBook [UK]

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/44485/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: STEELBOOKJUNKIE
This is one UK release I will be getting. Steelbook looks awesome, and I'll be there when the doors open on Monday.....:p