Ender's Game (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Release Date: March 10th, 2014
Price: £15.99 (instore purchase only)
GBs hosted by: HUBMUSWELL or Naughtius Maximus (no security tags)
Notes: Region B, Limited edition of 4000, Gloss finish, Debossed title, and logo on the reverse. The art is designed by Mondo

View attachment 61956

More pics (thanks to ricster)

SPECS:
As per this link http://uk.eonefilms.com/news-events/ender-s-game

Audio + Subtitle languages: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio/2.0 Stereo. Subtitles: English SDH
Region: B

Studio eOne
Title: ENDER’S GAME
Certificate: 12
Genre: Sci-fi/ Action
Runtime: 114 minutes
Format: Blu-ray / DVD

SPECIAL FEATURES
· Audio Commentary by director Gavin Hood
· Audio Commentary by producers Gigi Pritzkerand Bob Orci

· Deleted/Extended Scenes (with optional audio commentary by Gavin Hood)
· BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE: Ender's World: The Making of Ender's Game

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this only being released in HMV's in the UK or will it be released in HMV throughout europe?

It looks like these HMV Steelbooks are UK exclusives anymore. As this isn't available to order directly from HMV.ie only the regular Blu Ray. (Wolverine 3D was the last HMV exclusive available to order online)

Reactions: blade803
Hard to tell whether this is going to fly off the shelves...Riddick was sold out in London in less than a week but has more of a cult status...Anyways, I'm not taking any chances :D

Entertainment One are probably the best Steelbook distributor in the UK at the moment. Not only are their Steelbooks top quality, but they are also reasonably priced which can't be said for the majority of distributors. I really hope they continue their partnership with HMV because they are on to a good thing. Let's just hope the next title is 12 Years a Slave and not Delivery Man or That Awkward Moment :hilarious:

This only made 2m more then its budget...strange. but tbh i couldnt tell you when it came out in the uk the marketing for it was pretty bad think i saw one small trailer and that was it.

This only made 2m more then its budget...strange. but tbh i couldnt tell you when it came out in the uk the marketing for it was pretty bad think i saw one small trailer and that was it.

It means it bombed at the Box Office and the UK marketing budget was kept at a minimum.

The dragon army emblem isn't orange I am full of anger and distaste. If you wanted a blue army emblem use asp army or somethinggg. Still love the steel though, just hope I can manage to pick one up,,

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I didn't read the novels, but I read the comic books produced by Marvel instead, with Orson having a fair amount of input. The bullying scenes, IMHO, were a bit toned down in the movie. The comic, being visual, didn't seem to pull any punches! As much as there were children acting in this movie, this movie is not for kids.

Part of me is wondering if there's a Director's Cut out there.

They toned down a lot of the violence to squeeze into a 12A or w/e rating. Like I expected the shower scene to at least /have blood/ but nope. Nada. By missing out on the major themes of the book in order to secure a wider audience /you [hypothetical studio/Gavin Hood) are literally alienating the audience because you're just giving them a diluted, semi-philosophical dumb action movie/. That's also actually both simultaneously incredibly slow and way too fast.

It sounds like I really hated the movie oh my gosh

Reactions: viper0210
Just wondered out of interest, do you receive the steelbooks without the tags?

If you slowly unpeel the tag, the wrapping will stay intact anyway.

yup i get mine without the security tags (look in op :p). Most don't like to attempt to remove these just in case they tear... let alone the residue afterwards.

*shrugs* :p

Last edited: