Ender's Game (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Release Date: March 10th, 2014
Price: £15.99 (instore purchase only)
GBs hosted by: HUBMUSWELL or Naughtius Maximus (no security tags)
Notes: Region B, Limited edition of 4000, Gloss finish, Debossed title, and logo on the reverse. The art is designed by Mondo

View attachment 61956

More pics (thanks to ricster)

SPECS:
As per this link http://uk.eonefilms.com/news-events/ender-s-game

Audio + Subtitle languages: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio/2.0 Stereo. Subtitles: English SDH
Region: B

Studio eOne
Title: ENDER’S GAME
Certificate: 12
Genre: Sci-fi/ Action
Runtime: 114 minutes
Format: Blu-ray / DVD

SPECIAL FEATURES
· Audio Commentary by director Gavin Hood
· Audio Commentary by producers Gigi Pritzkerand Bob Orci

· Deleted/Extended Scenes (with optional audio commentary by Gavin Hood)
· BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE: Ender's World: The Making of Ender's Game

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why everyone keeps heeping the credit on HMV, they appear to have a deal with E1for their releases which on paper sounds pretty poor compared to Zavvi who have the likes of Disney but I have to say that E1 have been hitting their steels out of the park:

Looper, 2 Guns (not HMV but still great), Red 2, Riddick even The Sweeney isn't even that bad and even though I am getting the US edition I am going to have to double dip for this one I love Mondo art and this one rules.

I hope that they keep up the quality with future releases like 12 Years a Slave and Need for Speed.

I missed this at the cinema, but thought I would probably rent it as some time.
After seeing the art though I think I may just have to pick this up!

As entreri said, it does have the HMV Looper vibe about it.

Hi all,

My contact at HMV HQ kindly took a picture of a copy they had on them....

View attachment 61956

Regarding the finish i can quote:

GBs hosted by: HUBMUSWELL or Naughtius Maximus

thanks for the photos Naughtius Maximus, i do have a question i was in hmv the otherday and asked if they had a list of up coming steelbooks thruout the year on there own computer system they said yes but in store but had no way of printing it out at all!
would it be possiable of you getting in contact with your hmv buddy and getting a copy of that list and sticking a thread up with this years releases for hmv at all? it would make life so much easier rather than play the guessing game of whats coming out that way if people are on holiday or such like they won't miss something they might be after.

Many thanks
Basil :thumbs:

FYI Basil I've emailed them to request that info - but i expect it to be confidential so i wouldn't hold your breath.

I've also stated that if they can provide the following info regarding any future release it would be extremely handy:
  1. Steelbook finish (Matte or Gloss)
  2. Print run
  3. Special features (Embossed or debossed areas etc)
  4. Pictures of the steelbook (Front, spine, back + inside artwork)
  5. Audio + Subtitle languages
  6. Region ABC
  7. Release date
  8. Price

Have i forgotten anything?

D

FYI Basil I've emailed them to request that info - but i expect it to be confidential so i wouldn't hold your breath.

I've also stated that if they can provide the following info regarding any future release it would be extremely handy:
  2. Print run
  4. Pictures of the steelbook (Front, spine, back + inside artwork)
  6. Region ABC
  7. Release date
  8. Price

D

Cheers mate. I asked my contact the other week similar information. Hope that one or both of us hear back, well, at least something. :thumbs:

Reactions: 123kid and Netclone
Maximum Respect :scat:

2. Print run
  4. Pictures of the steelbook (Front, spine, back + inside )
  6. Region ABC
  7. Release date
  8. Price

D

Hi folks. My contact has come back with the information. This is a HDN exclusive news.

Steelbook finish (Matte or Gloss): gloss
Print run: 4000
Special features (Embossed or debossed areas etc): Embossed title, and logo on the reverse. The art is designed by Mondo (http://www.mondotees.com/)
Pictures of the steelbook (Front, spine, back + inside artwork): attached
Audio + Subtitle languages: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio/2.0 Stereo. Subtitles: English SDH
Region ABC: B
Release date: 10/3/14
Price: 15.99

attachment.php

Enders game inside.jpg

Enders game spine.jpg

Enders1.jpg

Attachments

• Enders front.jpg
    Enders front.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 714