Nov 29, 2012
Release date: December 1st, 2014 - Re-release August 27, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi)

10995729-1414673622-127844.jpg
10995729-1414673622-127704.jpg
10995729-1414673622-127767.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It pains me to say this, but this is actually rather beautiful.
First and formost, there is a black border (not shown in the pictures above) The embossing is great, and the effect of the blue colour on the front is different dependent on the angle you hold the steelbook.
Haven't opened this as I initially pre ordered it with the intention of cancelling it before it shipped (I ultimately decided the design wasn't really for me, and the plain back was a big negative too) but having this in hand, I think this looks ace.
Now I have to decide whether to keep it or return it...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 176
Closer look at the finished product (apologies if the picture quality isn't the best!) Think if you compare my two pictures you'll see what I mean regarding the blue background in relation to the angle you view the steelbook...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 211
...Now I have to decide whether to keep it or return it...

This is what I'm deciding at the moment as well (expecting it to arrive tomorrow). If it was the 40th edition, or had the 40th edition audio/video transfer but kept the previous extras I'd keep it, but if it's the transfer from the previous version I might just send it back.
Pity really, as on Amazon Japan it says:
"disk of this product is the same as recording contents as "[Limited Edition] Enter the Dragon production 40th Anniversary Remastered Blu-ray" of the 2013/07/17 release."

Reactions: Andycadle84
This is what I'm deciding at the moment as well (expecting it to arrive tomorrow). If it was the 40th edition, or had the 40th edition audio/video transfer but kept the previous extras I'd keep it, but if it's the transfer from the previous version I might just send it back.
Pity really, as on Amazon Japan it says:
"disk of this product is the same as recording contents as "[Limited Edition] Enter the Dragon production 40th Anniversary Remastered Blu-ray" of the 2013/07/17 release."
It is a shame that it didn't get special treatment. My main issue with it was the fact I wasn't really feeling the artwork on it- In hand though, it's absolutely beautiful, so have a decision to make over the Weekend...

I was in two minds about getting this one as I have the 40th Anniversary Edition, I decided to get it anyway, looks better in hands, I ike the colour on the smoke effect, nice embossing on the title and dragon. Only thing that ruins it is the choice of disc, I would not be happy if I was buying this the first time.

Actual pictures thanks to CouncilSpectre at the other site:

View attachment 118786

View attachment 118787

View attachment 118788

I was posvitive when this art was revealed despite it not being the classic movie poster art, and from those pics it looks excellent :)
Of course if it was glossed it wlda been somthing else :woot:

However the fact that they have gone BACKWARDS with the disc :facepalm:, using the old disc instead of the new remasterd 40th anni disc fills me with utter contempt :squint:

Will buy just for the steel at lowest price possible (n)

Reactions: kron
Yet again a film company who think that they can get rid of old stock that obviously isn't selling by putting it in a shiny steelbook and slapping a £20 price tag on it!!!...

There is NO excuse for Warner to not put the 40th Anniversary disc in this steelbook!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WKRP
I just noticed the inside artwork has 3 discs slots :giggle::giggle::LOL::LOL::rofl:
10995729-1414673622-127704.jpg

I await my 3 Discs :LOL:

Its only 1 Disc but its funny to see it having 3 Disc slots
Well, one of them must be for the alternate version - A Fistful Of Yen.
You know, the version where Loo has to defeat Klahn's Army on The Isle Of Lucy! :D
(Dig deep, Google diggers!;))
image.jpg
fistful-of-yen-o.gif

Well, one of them must be for the alternate version - A Fistful Of Yen.
You know, the version where Loo has to defeat Klahn's Army on The Isle Of Lucy! :D
(Dig deep, Google diggers!;))
View attachment 118939
fistful-of-yen-o.gif

Not sure if my copy is different to anyone else's (got mine from Entertainment Store) but the 3 disc slots are an error; there's only 1 in mine, and that has the disc in it :(

The disc is a huge let down, just like Fifth Element FS. Not getting stung again with this one... pass (n)
I tried cancelling mine a wk ago with ES but they told me it was too late but I could return it when it arrives (never emailed with them before, they were really quick with a response and helpful) anyway... I thought I'd make my mind up about returning it once I saw it.. it just arrived but its not as nice as I thought it would be(going by the photos)I mean it is a nice steel but not nice enough for me to keep it. Christmas is costing too much, so I'm gonna return it. I agree with others,that if there is a better disc available, that's the one they should've added to the steelbook. . Its silly imo to buy a collectors steelbook packaging then have to hunt down the best disc.. shell out more money then add the disc to your steelbook(that should've included it all along:banghead: ) its something we collectors have to remember, sometimes/most times?? The producers of these collectors editions arn't at all concerned about whats in the box but only the packaging.. and it sucks big time.. its so nice when we get the whole package but it's sad to say it doesn't happen very often.. we all know who brings the whole package on every release or atleast try's their best to.:drool:

I have the original 2007 Blu ray USA release
Includes brilliant extra A Warrior's Journey a 100-minute documentary
Note this documentary is not on the USA 2007 re-release or any UK release and also not included on the 40th Anniversary Edition

Its sold out in the UK the 40th Anniversary Edition was not re printed

I have the 40th Anniversary Edition Collectors Edition
Note its been reported that the 40th Anniversary Edition video was cropped loosing some footage from top/bottom/sides but did have slight improved grain

This Steelbook the Disc is the UK 2007 version which is still a good video transfer with decent extras
I like the look of the steelbook

I have the original 2007 Blu ray USA release
Includes brilliant extra A Warrior's Journey a 100-minute documentary
Note this documentary is not on the USA 2007 re-release or any UK release and also not included on the 40th Anniversary Edition

Its sold out in the UK the 40th Anniversary Edition was not re printed

I have the 40th Anniversary Edition Collectors Edition
Note its been reported that the 40th Anniversary Edition video was cropped loosing some footage from top/bottom/sides but did have slight improved grain

This Steelbook the Disc is the UK 2007 version which is still a good video transfer with decent extras
I like the look of the steelbook

Same, but £15 for this I would expect it to include the new disc. I was a fool for thinking Warner would do that :rolleyes: