Nov 29, 2012
Release date: December 1st, 2014 - Re-release August 27, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi)

10995729-1414673622-127844.jpg
10995729-1414673622-127704.jpg
10995729-1414673622-127767.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the question is, is it the same as the previous one?

We just had this one in France, and it was 100% flat, no embossing or debossing like the old one
It could be stock from the france print run

Only way to know is when delivered

Warner might be providing stock from the new print run or had leftover stock from previous european print run and offered these to Zavvi

It could be stock from the france print run

Only way to know is when delivered

Warner might be providing stock from the new print run or had leftover stock from previous european print run and offered these to Zavvi

yes, and that's sad. I saw the french one in my local store, and to be honest, it was ugly with no embossing/debossing

Reminder Zavvi release on August 27th 2018 this might be stock from the new european print run released in July 2018 in france and not the steelbook released in 2014

Only way to know if warner UK stock is from 2014 or 2018 steelbooks releases is when delivered

Despite same artwork new steelbook has been treated quite differently:-
Enter-The-Dragon-steelbook2.jpg
Enter-The-Dragon-steelbook3.jpg

Different colour and no embossing to be precise.

Previous (UK) . . . w/ embossing as seen from the inside too:-
1534685990116.png
enter-the-dragon-steelbook-original.jpg
1534685838317.png

Last edited:
Despite same artwork new steelbook has been treated quite differently:-
Enter-The-Dragon-steelbook2.jpg
Enter-The-Dragon-steelbook3.jpg

Different colour and no embossing to be precise.

Previous (UK) . . . w/ embossing as seen from the inside too:-
What I would say here is that the images don't really do the colour justice - the original steelbook had the exact same stock image as what Zavvi are showing now (i.e. a dark,colourless steelbook) but the in hand picture had electric blue tints to it that showed up differently dependent on what angle you looked at it from/what light source was shining on it. As per the 'new' image shown, I think this isn't a case of 'different colour', more a case of 'bad photo/lighting' that doesn't show off the colour properly, which I found hard to properly capture in p

Reactions: virkia
What I would say here is that the images don't really do the colour justice - the original steelbook had the exact same stock image as what Zavvi are showing now (i.e. a dark,colourless steelbook) but the in hand picture had electric blue tints to it that showed up differently dependent on what angle you looked at it from/what light source was shining on it.

Have a feeling this will be pretty much the same case here; it's quite a unique effect compared to any other steelbooks I own and whilst the design is fairly boring its still a nice addition to own.

Will have to check my Enter The Dragon steelbook when I get home as I believe it has the border treatment as per the above, and I'm pretty sure the original Zavvi mockup had it minus the border....
The new steelbook released in July 2018 in europe is flat as in no embossing

2014 steelbook has a border with title and dragon embossed and has better finish

The only way customers will know which steelbook 2014 or 2018 they will receive is when delivered I expect though it's very likely to be the July 2018 steelbook as that is what warner have supplied in europe recently

Reactions: Andycadle84
The new steelbook released in July 2018 in europe is flat as in no embossing

2014 steelbook has a border with title and dragon embossed and has better finish

The only way customers will know which steelbook 2014 or 2018 they will receive is when delivered I expect though it's very likely to be the July 2018 steelbook as that is what warner have supplied in europe recently
Oh, I totally get that. Just mentioning the colour differential between the two shouldn’t be judged from the above pics as it could be a case of bad lighting/bad picture in the 2018 steelbook. Hopefully the attached show what I mean- both taken at different angles and because of that one of the photos has noticeably more blue tint to it (& I don’t think either picture does the effect any justice, really does look better in hand!)

Attachments

• CA681FEA-87EF-4DC9-8A83-FA60ED547CE0.jpeg
    CA681FEA-87EF-4DC9-8A83-FA60ED547CE0.jpeg
    930.6 KB · Views: 168
  • EA80D95A-8E29-4CDC-B595-F068186A5BCE.jpeg
    EA80D95A-8E29-4CDC-B595-F068186A5BCE.jpeg
    684.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Reactions: paulboland
What I would say here is that the images don't really do the colour justice - the original steelbook had the exact same stock image as what Zavvi are showing now (i.e. a dark,colourless steelbook) but the in hand picture had electric blue tints to it that showed up differently dependent on what angle you looked at it from/what light source was shining on it. As per the 'new' image shown, I think this isn't a case of 'different colour', more a case of 'bad photo/lighting' that doesn't show off the colour properly, which I found hard to properly capture in p

Yes, I stand corrected . . . same colour(s) as the previous steelbook . . . just missing the embossing:-
1534891740203.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I cancelled yesterday evening but it was too late and got shipped today. As I’m sure it’s the newer underwhelming one I wasn’t going to get it. Oh well, not the worst thing in the world.. Someone in the UK should get theirs in a few days so we’ll get final confirmation about finish then.

WTF ?! More & more steels lacking quality.

This is getting depressing, steelbooks are not of the same quality anymore and the zing is starting to fade.

I would have happily bought a re-release of this steel with the same finish, or even new art.... But a new steel with inferior finish makes zero sense.