Entertainment Store - SteelBook Retailer Thread [United Kingdom]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
entertainmentstore_zps5a70a611.jpg

Entertainment Store are a retailer operating exclusively in the PlayTrade section of Play.com:

Store links: Play.com - eBay.co.uk

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availability, etc. about this retailer here.

Exclusive 2013 HDN Interview here

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) I haven't mastered English yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE >> Fill in details>> Follow on screen instructions >> Done!

Q) Do they ship outside of UK?
A) They only offer (free) shipping within the UK with the exception of some items sold through their eBay outlet which may be eligible for International delivery.

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) A cardboard sleeve (pictured below, thanks to Zoneism):
Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon dispatch

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Credit/debit card only

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Overall the majority of Ninjas have had a good experience with ES - will update constantly.

Cancellations: Your account >> Outstanding Orders >> Cancel Order

Replacements: Your account >> Order History >> Return item >> Follow instructions

Refunds: TBC

Last edited:
They replied pretty quick. Their office is just few miles away from my work place. What they are doing is scalping but in a professional manner.

Please don't tell me that they paid a huge amount to pick up some leftovers at the warehouse.

Are you referring to jack reacher ?

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Lol sorry you must be talking about captain america :)

I was referring to Captain America, Cowboys and Aliens.

Jack Reacher to an extent too as can't believe it is worth 27.99 when Play / HMV were doing the Paramount Steels for 12,99 ~ 17,99.

I really hope HMV steps in and resumes releasing Paramount Steelbooks and keeping things affordable.

yes for cost price it is quite high.

They did mention they had found leftovers in the warehouse as well.

But it seems that their prices will most likely be high on their releases as they mentioned the print run will be quite limited so i dont see their prices getting any better.

i hope so too and HMV had some really nice releases in the past.

You'd think at 27.99 we be getting something special but im not sure how that will work out.

Just few notches below scalping and nothing else. This is the truth and I am sure it sucks to hear that.

If they are going to release Paramount Steels then it is a bad news for collectors who are used to paying 14.99 or 17.99. I hope they don't.

They are a much smaller outfit than the big guns so expect prices to be above average, they dont have the buying power.

One thing I would say the customer service really is good and they respond usually within 10 minutes which is great.

The packaging is also good my CA also arrived mint from them.

While we are on the pricing subject £49.99 for a CA seems very reasonable.

Reactions: FanOfGaming
well yes thats true and ya thats probably the last time youl see CA selling for that price.

But that only happened because they found old stock so some people got lucky :)

Good for you Parkman :)

Reactions: Parkman
well yes thats true and ya thats probably the last time youl see CA selling for that price.

But that only happened because they found old stock so some people got lucky :)

Good for you Parkman :)

Thanks buddy lets hope they find some more LOL.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Customer service is good mate but the price ain't. Just my opinion.

I am sure most of us who trades here and in eBay offer good customer service.;)

So your highlighting Entertainment Stores prices then mention EBAY. Hmmmm good one ~~Ill say no more.

Reactions: snoopcat1987
I was referring to Captain America, Cowboys and Aliens.

Jack Reacher to an extent too as can't believe it is worth 27.99 when Play / HMV were doing the Paramount Steels for 12,99 ~ 17,99.

I really hope HMV steps in and resumes releasing Paramount Steelbooks and keeping things affordable.

Do you mean affordable for people like me an average collector or people that wish to sell on Ebay for a profit. I think 27.99 for a Jack Reacher steel with less than 1k run is a reasonable price. Unless your a scalper of course as this will minimise profits ~???

Do you mean affordable for people like me an average collector or people that wish to sell on Ebay for a profit. I think 27.99 for a Jack Reacher steel with less than 1k run is a reasonable price. Unless your a scalper of course as this will minimise profits ~???

Or maybe hes just stating his opinion that £27.99 for a likely one disc, no 3D steelbook is a little excessive regardless of it being limited to less than 1000? I certainly agree. The presentation of the steelbook will be on par with the Mission Impossible ones so nearly 3 times the cost is very high (admittedly all version of the film seem expensive all over), i dont see why a store should be able to add a massive premium on a basic product as theres not many? But people make their choice to buy or not as have i, just because people dont want to pay the price doesnt make them an ebay scalper :rolleyes:

Reactions: Orekul and lgans316
Or maybe hes just stating his opinion that £27.99 for a likely one disc, no 3D steelbook is a little excessive regardless of it being limited to less than 1000? I certainly agree. The presentation of the steelbook will be on par with the Mission Impossible ones so nearly 3 times the cost is very high (admittedly all version of the film seem expensive all over), i dont see why a store should be able to add a massive premium on a basic product as theres not many? But people make their choice to buy or not as have i, just because people dont want to pay the price doesnt make them an ebay scalper :rolleyes:

It's a fair comment that the price is higher than it could be, but I do wonder what pricing I would get if I was to try and sort out an exclusive with a studio. I doubt it would be very favourable especially if the run was particularly low and it was my first time. Maybe this is the case here. Chuck in postage costs and special steelbook packaging and I can see how the overheads would increase quickly

The comparison to the catalogue MIs is a little unfair as the cost for those films will be much lower after all this time than JR would be. I suppose you could say that JR UK is £10 more that MI:4 but then if you add on the extras mentioned above, and take into account that Play would probably have worked to a lower margin, then it doesn't seem so excessive to me

Just my observation. Not disagreeing with you but rather throwing another viewpoint in ;)

I'll always take a very limited run / exclusive qty over a 50k print run (mind you I'd probably still get both) and have never minded paying a bit more for that exclusivity. But that's how I like to collect and will always prefer the thrill of the hunt

No problems with that and clearly people are happy to pay it and the company are within their right to charge what they want and the factors youve stated probably do come in to as even the amaray is quite pricey!

Suggesting that someone who isnt happy with the price must be a scalper is what annoys me. Im hardly purchasing steels any more as the quality control was doing my ocd needs no good so i sold a shed load to try and have a core of films i really like (still have 100 though lol) and yes that included Iron Man 1 + 2, Captain America because the thought of having to get the third Iron Man in mint condition or the 2nd Cpt America (without ordering 5 copies of each) was driving me insane so i took them out of the equation. If i hadnt done that id of picked this up no doubt along with loads of the new releases from Zavvi, but as it stands i have about 5 pre orders and its pretty difficult not ordering steels after ive been collecting for a while!

Collectors are weird and wonderful creatures and everyone is different in their habits, certain collectors habits annoy the hell out of me but it would be much better if everyone on here just didnt try and get each others backs up!

(p.s i kept Thor :D)

Reactions: zoneism
Mate,

Fair viewpoint. To me, MI-4 / Captain America / Thor are fair comparison. They got DVD copies too but understand that it got a higher print run and were sold at a reasonable price. I can understand the logistics behind the curtains but 27.99 is still way too high for a title like Jack Reacher. If this had DVD copy and some nice slip or a booklet / postcards then I would have purchased without any hestiation.

Reactions: zoneism
I don't mind paying £27.99 for this one as it's their first exclusive and I wanted to see what they were all about, however I'll reserve more judgement until I see how they price their next exclusive.