Event Horizon - 25th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 8, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99

Event Horizon Collector's Edition.jpg

Last edited:
pre-ordered. love this film, like the set. :woot: really like the steel, with the gravity drive in the eye, plus the ship on one side.
1652468637798.png

i actually caught this again by accident last weekend in tv, so was suitably primed. i have held off buying any blu ray of this for years, just waiting for a decent release. this is easily the best so far. :thumbs:

i know it's critically disliked, and not everyone else likes it (its Rotten Tomatoes scores are crap), but for me it's brilliant. :wow: i am not usually a fan of the director, but the cast is great throughout, the story's fun, and the effects are good. IMO, there aren't that many truly unsettling sci-fi horrors, but with Event Horizon, the palpable sense of unease and disquiet throughout is really something. there aren't many films that get under your skin and fingernails for days after (meant as a compliment). there's just something about the way it's shot, the glimpses or horror, the story, which sticks.

also, zavvi listing run time of 190 minutes - assume that's including extras? film wasn't that long.

"you can't leave. she won't let you."

pre-ordered. love this film, like the set. :woot: really like the steel, with the gravity drive in the eye, plus the ship on one side.
View attachment 532750

i actually caught this again by accident last weekend in tv, so was suitably primed. i have held off buying any blu ray of this for years, just waiting for a decent release. this is easily the best so far. :thumbs:

i know it's critically disliked, and not everyone else likes it (its Rotten Tomatoes scores are crap), but for me it's brilliant. :wow: i am not usually a fan of the director, but the cast is great throughout, the story's fun, and the effects are good. IMO, there aren't that many truly unsettling sci-fi horrors, but with Event Horizon, the palpable sense of unease and disquiet throughout is really something. there aren't many films that get under your skin and fingernails for days after (meant as a compliment). there's just something about the way it's shot, the glimpses or horror, the story, which sticks.

also, zavvi listing run time of 190 minutes - assume that's including extras? film wasn't that long.

"you can't leave. she won't let you."
It still blows my mind that he directed Mortal Kombat, this, the resident evil films and alien vs predator (among others) and this is easily his best film. Although I have love for the original MK & RE (first film) I would never of guessed he directed this and it clearly sticks out of his filmography as a genuinely decent film

Yeah I’ve decided to put an order in too. Not massive on the steel and PET art but I do like the rest. I can’t see this getting anything else in steel form any time soon.
Thankfully I like the look of this edition, so was obviously a no-brainer for me. But, yeah... will probably be a while before the film gets this treatment again.

Strange, this title in particular isn't getting free shipping within UK, even though it states it's qualified for such in cart. When I start to check out, still adds £2.99, and no option for free shipping.
Works now, was a temporary thing.

I guess pins and postcards are still relevant in this day and age huh.

Anyways, how does that storage pocket thing come with the rest of this set? I would love to throw it away togheter with the see thru slip, pin and postcards, so i can fold up the blueprint and place it together with the patch inside the steelbook and slide it in to the slipcase.

It still blows my mind that he directed Mortal Kombat, this, the resident evil films and alien vs predator (among others) and this is easily his best film. Although I have love for the original MK & RE (first film) I would never of guessed he directed this and it clearly sticks out of his filmography as a genuinely decent film
agreed - Event Horizon is to Paul WS Anderson as Falling Down is to Joel Schumacher.

Reactions: milky and Flloydo
Another hard printed jcard and 4k banner slip... yuck. UK one will also have hard printed bbfc logos.. extra yuck.

PET, steel and disc art is nice though. Hard to tell the steel finish there, US version is glossy, hopefully this is too.

• Informative
Reactions: Shark
Another hard printed jcard and 4k banner slip... yuck. UK one will also have hard printed bbfc logos.. extra yuck.

PET, steel and disc art is nice though. Hard to tell the steel finish there, US version is glossy, hopefully this is too.
Are you fcking kidding me?