Evil Dead 2 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: November 5, 2018 (original) - December 12, 2022 (reprint)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99 (original) - £26.99 (reprint)

11827041-1224597016519721.jpg

Last edited:
i forgot i had this one coming my way lol. i just got it, its cool, i like it but i must confess out of hyper when everyone was panicking it was sold out lol and then came back at zavvi

Um........ it was the German StudioCanal 25th anniversary edition. :confused:

By unofficial, I meant the cut, not the blu-ray release.

Took a few seconds to find the info:

Since the original Evil Dead 2 had its 25th anniversary last year, it was time for the German distributor BMV Medien to put out a strongly limited release with a digipack that looks a lot like the famous book of evil. Apart from the boxing design, another specialty is that the Blu-ray features an Extended Cut that was made by BMV. It adds more than 2 minutes of footage. The quality of the scenes is not on the same level as the rest of the film, so if you're a geek for technical advances, this version is not for you.

Source:

movie-censorship.com

By unofficial, I meant the cut, not the blu-ray release.

Took a few seconds to find the info:

Since the original Evil Dead 2 had its 25th anniversary last year, it was time for the German distributor BMV Medien to put out a strongly limited release with a digipack that looks a lot like the famous book of evil. Apart from the boxing design, another specialty is that the Blu-ray features an Extended Cut that was made by BMV. It adds more than 2 minutes of footage. The quality of the scenes is not on the same level as the rest of the film, so if you're a geek for technical advances, this version is not for you.

Source:

movie-censorship.com
I don't understand.

Is that cut not on the StudioCanal German 25th anniversary blu ray?

I don't understand.

Is that cut not on the StudioCanal German 25th anniversary blu ray?

I'll try to speak a bit slower. I never said it's not SC, but the extended cut is BMV Medien exclusive edit. BMV Medien teamed up with StudioCanal to release the film in Germany. So in your post #112:

I must compare both discs when I get home tonight to see if this does indeed contain the uncut exdended version like Germany.

...it was strange to me that you'd expect this obscure cut on the British disc.

Uncut and extended are not the same thing. Uncut (unedited) is pretty much the version we all know by now, while extended it the one with 2+ minutes of behind-the-scenes lo-res footage subsequently crammed into the film. Just look at the scene I linked up there; it looks like the added material was shot on video camera.

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge