Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 17, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £34.99

Evil Dead Rises.jpg

Evil Dead Rise Open.jpg Evil Dead Rise inside.jpg

Last edited:
Why so certain? Weren't they responsible for the JW4 release?
They are, but even thats heavily spot glossed on the rear. I'd take that over what studiocanal have offered anyway.

It's a rare faux pas for metropolitan. The vast majority of their steels (and every one I own) are glossy. So it's a fairly safe bet.

• Informative
Reactions: tommyh84
Why so certain? Weren't they responsible for the JW4 release?

They are, but even thats heavily spot glossed on the rear. I'd take that over what studiocanal have offered anyway.

It's a rare faux pas for metropolitan. The vast majority of their steels (and every one I own) are glossy. So it's a fairly safe bet.
What’s the issue with their JW4?

It's matte with a spot glossed title, nothing wrong with it persay but would have looked a lot nicer in full gloss

Ohhh right. Thought you meant the Zhang or red art was different for them. I didn’t originally like this art but that looks quite nice in the vid

What’s the issue with their JW4?

It's matte with a spot glossed title, nothing wrong with it persay but would have looked a lot nicer in full gloss

Ohhh right. Thought you meant the Zhang or red art was different for them. I didn’t originally like this art but that looks quite nice in the vid

Aye it's not the end of the world, still a nice enough steel. Would've preferred more spot gloss, or full gloss on the front, and the rear orange background is too metallic for my tates.

Seeing as nova have the same rear art (that will be full gloss and probably not metallic), and the box in the collector's edition is pretty naff, I'm passing on it now. Zhang and nova will do me.

Reactions: Flloydo
Got my copy yesterday. I'm one of the few people that doesn't mind no title on the front of the steel, although no gloss is a shame, but yeah i still like it..Gonna watch this tonight along with Jaws 2

Has anyone else got their copy from HMV, Zavvi or Amazon as I've not seen any movement on the Zavvi site and looking at HMV there's a message stating that this steelbook has been discontinued.

Any ideas what's happened with his one?