Ex Machina (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 17, 2022
Purchase links: Collector's Edition - SteelBook Only (Pre-order on August 19, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 3 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99 (Collector's Edition) - £24.99 (SteelBook Only)
Notes: SteelBook has a zero varnish finish

13942378-1444980348208467.jpg

13942378-1494980348400239.jpg13942378-9964980348426513.jpg13942378-1144980348460242.jpg13942378-3504980347835552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
His is much worse than both of mine tbh. But yeah, just a large box, both piled one ontop of another, with an airbag at the top. I think that's the same I've had every larger slip release from zavvi tbh. Some survive, some don't.. lol

Zavvi just told me to keep them both and refunded me though, so I'm not complaining too much haha I'll just keep the better of the two and flog the other one damaged on ebay or to cex.View attachment 543591
Oh jeez, that's nothing, literally everything I receive in the mail has that kind of 'damage' on one of the corners, slips, books, and especially fullslips, if they weren't packed like FilmArena and MantaLab, in foam crates.

Mine was sent yesterday via Royal Mail 24, obviously won’t have been processed today so arriving Tuesday.

My last five big boxset orders from Zavvi (Lost Boys, Poltergeist etc) have actually arrived in perfect condition, in a cardboard wraparound. So fingers crossed for this one.

Reactions: leelee17
His is much worse than both of mine tbh. But yeah, just a large box, both piled one ontop of another, with an airbag at the top. I think that's the same I've had every larger slip release from zavvi tbh. Some survive, some don't.. lol

Zavvi just told me to keep them both and refunded me though, so I'm not complaining too much haha I'll just keep the better of the two and flog the other one damaged on ebay or to cex.View attachment 543591
Lucky you. they offered me 15% off to keep it. Now waiting for a returns form..Can't wait to close my account :)

Reactions: leelee17

If you wanna sell at cex get on their twitter and ask them to list it otherwise it will be a hassle. I had to do the same with the Nobody one. My wife took it to sell and they kept insisting it was worth £11 as they only had the original steel listed. Despite her saying its the new one. Some people are so stupid.

Reactions: samdavies
Lucky you. they offered me 15% off to keep it. Now waiting for a returns form..Can't wait to close my account :)
It pi##es me off when retailers are so random when it comes to compensating customers..
Letting some customers keep damaged items and giving them full refunds yet only offering other customers partial refunds isn't good enough..
Hope mine arrives intact but will be interesting to see what response I get from Zavvi if there is an issue...

Reactions: themanfromunkle
Seen this in hand now and I have to say it’s very nice. The steelbook is perfectly fine and detailed printing, yes better glossed but still nice and colourful. The book is really nice hard back like the old ladybird books we used to get in the UK, And very glossy too. Art cards are good quality and the whole package is really good in my opinion. My only personal gripe is that the slip is matte and would be amazing in gloss but can’t wait to add this to my collection. If you’re a fan of this film it’s a must have.