Ex Machina (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 17, 2022
Purchase links: Collector's Edition - SteelBook Only (Pre-order on August 19, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 3 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99 (Collector's Edition) - £24.99 (SteelBook Only)
Notes: SteelBook has a zero varnish finish

13942378-1444980348208467.jpg

13942378-1494980348400239.jpg13942378-9964980348426513.jpg13942378-1144980348460242.jpg13942378-3504980347835552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do they even ask for feedback from us if they're just going to ignore it? It's beyond frustrating at this point.
Totally agree. If not for wanting to upgrade this movie to 4k I probably would cancel. But the overall set looks nice and the steel while matte looks nice in the photos.

It was advised against it by the people who make the f**king things! Lol. Couldn’t make it up

Honestly Universal I hope you learn from this. But you won’t. Tbh they had enough time to get it changed from when they initially told us and the backlash they received
Yeah - I read that - only just got back from 3 weeks in rehab therapy :( // good to see BluFans making an effort -- and @JinxyKatte , you're not alone - sometimes it really does make you feel like an idiot for putting up with the shite from the loveless machine...

Reactions: Flloydo
I don't understand why everybody doesn't already expect a steelbook to be streaky matte unless it's a WEA from Blufans, HDZeta or Manta.

Reactions: MM3
I don't understand why everybody doesn't already expect a steelbook to be streaky matte unless it's a WEA from Blufans, HDZeta or Manta.
The last Blu-Ray steelbook sold by Zavvi a few years ago had full gloss finish, so I had hoped this one would be the same.

Reactions: goufcustom
Wow, does that suck! I mean I like matte steelbooks, but on this one it needed the gloss, or at least a very deep color layer, to not be streaky in the light.
It looks like bad HDR on a backlit telly.

Reactions: MM3 and djjez83
Clearly your wrong as many people were surprised if you read the comments. People can't read every last post. I honestly had no idea.
Yeah, but that's because you and all those surprised people didn't read the comments before them then. Was posted in this thread beforehand that Scanavo advised against a glossy finish and that Universal went with that advise. So, we were warned. ;)

Reactions: MM3
Both my slips are damaged. Big nasty spine slash/gouges on both, plus crush damage, so they're going back regardless.

The steelbook looks really poor in hand. Front is darker than the mockup, and streaky. Back is better, but the colours seem hollow and the entire background is super metallic, which is essentially bare metal with a slight green tint.

Slip is nice, really like both images used, but the light colours highlights the meagre construction of these. Folds, creases and flaps visible everywhere. They're there on all other WB/Uni UCE slips too, but they're all darker colours, so far less obvious.

Much thinner folder this time around, which is nice. Cards are good quality, hi res, glossy images, which is also nice.

The hardback book is great quality. Full of production notes, a fair selection of stills/sketches, probs the best part of the set.

Doubtful I'll order another, unless zavvi fancy letting me keep of these for free lol disappointed, but I guess it saves shelf space.

Both my slips are damaged. Big nasty spine slash/gouges on both, plus crush damage, so they're going back regardless.

The steelbook looks really poor in hand. Front is darker than the mockup, and streaky. The back is better, but colours seem hollow and the entire background is super metallic and essentially bear metal with a slight green tint.

Slip is nice, really like both images used, but the light colours highlights the meagre construction of these. Folds, creases and flaps visible everywhere. They're there on other WB/Uni UCE slips too, but they're all darker colours, so far less obvious.

Much thinner folder this time around, which is nice. Cards are good quality, hi res, glossy images, which is also nice.

The hardback book is great quality. Full of production notes, a fair selection of stills/sketches, probs the best part of the set.

Doubtful I'll order another, unless zavvi fancy letting me keep of these for free lol disappointed, but I guess it saves shelf space.
Damn, that sounds disappointing.