Ex Machina (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 12) [Hong Kong]

Feb 28, 2018
Norway
Release date: August 10, 2018 August 17, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti Slip - PET Slip - One Click (Pre-order on July 6 at 8 PM UTC +8) - Check your local timing HERE
Price:
$38.99 (Full Slip or Lenti) - $39.99 (PET Slip) - $132.97 (One Click)
Group buys: One Click - Full Slip - Lenti Slip - PET Slip
Notes: Steelbook is full gloss with debossed title.
- Full Slip (Full Holofoil Paper Slip, Embossing, 1- 800 numbered copies)
- Lenti Slip (3D Lenticular + High Quality Paper Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Spot Holofoil + - Embossing, 1- 1000 numbered copies)
- PET Slip (Transparent O-RING PET + High Quality Paper Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Holofoil + Embossing, 1- 1200 numbered copies)
- One Click (1- 500 numbered copies)

180619_FS_packshot_2048x2048.jpgLS_packshot_92236752-dfc0-492d-95a5-43da8e329260_2048x2048.jpgPET_packshot_2048x2048.jpg180619_box_packshot_2048x2048.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this really need another steelbook release? I count at least 5 others (could be more)

If the premium retailers are trying to outdo each other with the same titles why not try something that hasn't already been released to death?!

Easy pass for me.

Also, I don't think either of the premiums (HDZeta + FAC) are anything too special, so I think Manta could do something great. HDZeta's is just the main poster and FAC's, while definitely a cooler art, isn't anything amazing, and it's just rare and hard to get. I could see Manta doing something great with it.

I think he's saying 5 total: HDZeta, FilmArena, Mondo X, Zavvi, and WWA.
As far as I can tell there are two main WWA, a white and a black one. Only the Mondo is WEA. And both premiums went with the white WWA.
This should be a walk in the park for Manta.

Manta will have to provide something special to top this:

em_1.jpg em_2.jpg
em_3.jpg em_4.jpg
em_5.jpg em_6.jpg
em_7.jpg em_8.jpg

The Mondo steel has incredibly fine details and is just a piece of art. :drool:
The steel in the FA slip is probably one of the finest WWA steelbooks ever produced. :drool:
(my pics/steels)

The WWA Black version is rubbish.
The WWA white version (as above) is fantastic.
Mondo steelbook is great until you take the slipcover off.

Manta Lab should nail this, especially with how stunning their slipcovers are (see Justice League Full Slip).

I would have preferred them to release something new rather than a title that has been released multiple times. I’m sure it will turn out to be a nice package though.
Same sentiment although curious what they can offer to the table. @CleverLoginName is correct, hard to top the white WWA steelbook (insane embossing) and FAC Slip and the MondoX steel by Jock.

Really interested to see what artwork they choose, since most of the official artwork has been used on the other editions.
Here's two that I'd definitely love to see used:

61zTACqeeoL._SY450_.jpg JockExMachinaFINALSEP_stroke_Final_1024x1024.jpg

The film also has fantastic cinematography so would definitely love to see something using those, particularly the heavily greenery scenes and the red lit scenes.

Not the biggest fan of this film (a fairly unpopular opinion, I know), and the white WWA steel is one of the all-time greats. Definitely not a title on my personal short list for another premium. :coffee:

Regardless of my personal opinion, it's certainly a beautiful looking film at the very least. Should still be some great art for Manta's release, and it should make for a solid alternative for those who missed the earlier premiums that now command hefty prices on the secondary market. :thumbs:

Excited for this! It’s a fascinating film and while there have been a number of great steels for this film already I haven’t picked up a premium release for this yet. Plus I have a feeling Manta’s effort could be better than all of them, as was, for example, their Kingsman release

Hope this one sells out so we could see Annihilation released by Manta as well. Annihilation’s just begging for the Manta treatment and it’s one of my favorite films this year.