Face/Off (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 2, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 8, at 12 PM - UK time)
Price: £14.99

image-jpg.180224

Last edited:
I will pass on this unless the steelbook is amazing looking
It wont be for the Blu-ray itself the UK one is cut and has sod all extras

The USA Blu-ray is the best version out of all Blu-ray versions available worldwide
The USA Blu-ray is the uncut version and has the best extras compared to all other countries releases

I will pass on this unless the steelbook is amazing looking
It wont be for the Blu-ray itself the UK one is cut and has sod all extras

The USA Blu-ray is the best version out of all Blu-ray versions available worldwide
The USA Blu-ray is the uncut version and has the best extras compared to all other countries releases
I've got the U.S. disc in my Blufans Steelbook :thumbs::naughty:

Reactions: paulboland
USA is not the best when it comes to AV. Row is LPCM at 4.6 Mbps. US is DTS ES. The RoW video has a slightly less application of DNR and EE.

This badly needs a remaster due to heavy handed EE (those edge halos are an eye sore) and DNR.

I got the Dutch disc as it is uncut.

USA is not the best when it comes to AV. Row is LPCM at 4.6 Mbps. US is DTS ES. The RoW video has a slightly less application of DNR and EE.

This badly needs a remaster due to heavy handed EE (those edge halos are an eye sore) and DNR.

The hell does all that mean?

I love being ignorant to stuff like that. Must be a right PITA for you to find a transfer you're happy with. Aside from UK Dredd, all my blu-rays look and sound awesome to me.

I suppose it's like being a food critic and not being happy with anything less than a £200 plate of fine dining. Sod that, I'll enjoy my Burger King ;)

This post makes me glad I'm a member of the Anti Acronym Association. We call it the AAA.

Reactions: Scary Hair
The USA Blu-ray is worth getting just for the extras they are very good extras
That's of course if your into extras

I have the USA Steelbook

If the Zavvi Steelbook looks good I might get it at a later stage if it still in stock and drops in price a lot

It would need to be something amazing for me to even consider paying full price

Last edited:
I hope they use a good artwork and make a bigger print run. 4K like in the past is good.

Further, it would be cool,.if they make Steelbooks for War Horse, King Arthur, Con Air(amaray/poster artwork) and the Rock(amaray/poster artwork).

Why always rereleases of titles that already got steelbook treatment ? Blufans version is fantastic and there is also the german steel that has nearly the same design and the US steel also .
Have you noticed that all of those releases are outside the UK? I'd rather get a Zavvi UK release than import one for a premium cost.

I missed out on the BF release because I wasn't into collecting Asian steels back then, so I'm happy it's finally getting a steelbook in the UK. I'm guessing most would rather have another Iron Man steel instead though. :rolleyes: :p

Reactions: chunk
Have you noticed that all of those releases are outside the UK? I'd rather get a Zavvi UK release than import one for a premium cost.

I can get you the german steel in my local MM still for 13,99€ and ship it to you for 5,60€tracked so you can get it for less than 20€ to UK dont know if this is premium cost ^^ and i care definitly more for safe Packaging than Zavvi does ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: hayemaker