Face/Off (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 2, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 8, at 12 PM - UK time)
Price: £14.99

image-jpg.180224

Last edited:
Want me to edit your post for you so he doesn't see it? :hilarious:

Anyway, back to topic, I'm interested in seeing how this turns out, I might change my mind after seeing the artwork and knowing what the finish will be.
That might be for the best... I don't want to start that argument again lol. :naughty:

Yeah, hopefully the artwork for this ends up being decent. If not, I may have to hunt down the BF release after all!

I still did not get around to getting the Blufans version, may not need to now. :) I just hope they get this one right, definitely want a face off steelbook.

Will this be Zavvi-style? You know: flimsy, unnecessary embossing, lowres artwork, no extras whatsoever and around £40? Or could it actually be a release that adds something to one's collection?

Reactions: Lester and mams
I don't mind this release. I don't have this in my collection yet, but like the movie. It's one of the few decent films of Nicolas Cage. I hope the artwork will be different than the ones that had already been released.

would be tempted to get this to supplement my 2 disc US BD (lossy audio but a decent mix and great bonus features) but no doubt it will be the same censored version that is currently available in the UK

If it's the same as the Blufans I will be very disappointed, as I own a Blufans. But for everyone that doesn't have a face/off steelbook and wants one it could be good news (although there is a half decent US steelbook currently for sale on amazon.com for the princely sum of $13.27 and it can be shipped to the UK)

If it's the same as the Blufans I will be very disappointed, as I own a Blufans. But for everyone that doesn't have a face/off steelbook and wants one it could be good news (although there is a half decent US steelbook currently for sale on amazon.com for the princely sum of $13.27 and it can be shipped to the UK)
:giggle::LOL::rofl:
You forgot to mention the German steelbook its has the same artwork as Blufans and its only €9.99 and a Spot Gloss Finish
711nKEdl0BL__SL1500_.jpg

Don't be surprised or shocked if Walt Disney Studios and Zavvi release Face Off Steelbook exact same as Blufans Artwork and have Title Embossed or debossed and even have bullet debossed or embossed

Note its a Touchstone Disney release in the UK as they are the distributors

Last edited:
But 'Im Körper des Feindes ' no thanks. not even for €9.99.

The youtube videos I've seen say a matte finish, not gloss for 'Im Körper'

I didn't say I would be surprised, or shocked, only (very) disappointed.

But 'Im Körper des Feindes ' no thanks. not even for €9.99.

The youtube videos I've seen say a matte finish, not gloss for 'Im Körper'

I didn't say I would be surprised, or shocked, only (very) disappointed.
It's matte, with German text and no embossing. It's very basic.

Still interested to see the artwork for this once revealed by Zavvi,although i am more than satisfied with my Blufans copy for this title...

If they use the German/Blufans artwork they won't be able to get away with reusing the art for the inside, will they? (as it's already black and white)

If they use the German/Blufans artwork they won't be able to get away with reusing the art for the inside, will they? (as it's already black and white)
If studio approves, yes-studio has final discretion on whether to re-use their art, even if a retailer formerly had an "exclusive".

It's matte, with German text and no embossing. It's very basic.
The German one is Matte with a spot gloss finish

Photo from ricster
kuPrCbJ.jpg

The UK release could be a decent one its a Disney Release in the UK
At least the Title will be in English only

The Blu-ray itself though the USA Blu-ray is best one for extras

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalbabe