snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: January 20th, 2014
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £19.99
Notes: Matte finish, spot gloss on title, debossed border, embossed title and MICKEY, back cover and inside artwork, 1-disc edition

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10847258-1382109664-86131.jpg

10847258-1382109664-86135.jpg

10847258-1382109664-86066.jpg

10847258-1382109664-86140.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 395
Last edited by a moderator:
This clearly isn't going to sell out. When will Zavvi drop the price on this?

They seem to have stopped dropping prices. It's probably because people whined constantly about price drops instead of being grateful for them so Zavvi have taken note. No more price drops, yay! :rolleyes:

I said it before, and I'll say it again, price drops should be at the start of the preordering stage to encourage take ups and to reward people's loyalty. Price increases should be after release. £14.99 should be preorder price rising to £17.99 on release day and then a week later up to £19.99. That's if it hadn't sold out.

If they have stock after a couple of months, then they could reduce the price back down to £17.99 and stick to their guns, no lower.

If many remain in stock, next title put the preorder price at £13.99 and go from there.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, price drops should be at the start of the preordering stage to encourage take ups and to reward people's loyalty. Price increases should be after release. £14.99 should be preorder price rising to £17.99 on release day and then a week later up to £19.99. That's if it hadn't sold out.

If they have stock after a couple of months, then they could reduce the price back down to £17.99 and stick to their guns, no lower.

If many remain in stock, next title put the preorder price at £13.99 and go from there.

I agree with you 100%
Arrow Video give you a good reduced Priced if you Pre -Order in first week usually
They then increase the price

Zavvi should do this for Pre-orders give those who order early a Cheaper price for a week as some get it cheaper using a 10% code etc later anyway
Normal price £19.99 have the pre order price at £16.99 for a week

So even if a 10% code is used after a week is up it will be £17.99
Early Pre-order customers get a loyalty price if order placed in first week

If though it has not sold well after a few months I would not be upset if it was reduced to clear stock as that's usual for any shop or online seller and we all benefit from this

Ugh, it's pretty obvious what happened with that back cover - lazy designer + ignorant and blasé management/whoever ok'd the final design.

Whoever designed this couldn't find a decent stock image to use on the back, so s/he takes one which would work with a plain background and just (badly) feathers the edges. Doesn't look too bad on a screen unless you know what to look for, and probably fed those in charge with a line about it making it look like Mickey is glowing.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I have to deal with at work and which is why WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS
Totally agree, IMO, this is proof that the people designing and approving these steels are just straight-up hacks. The countless crappy artwork choices and placements/alignments prior were definite eyebrow-raisers, but this proves that there are zero processes in place to ensure that even the most basic of design standards are met.

Here's hoping that, one of these days, our precious, expensive hobby might earn the effort of the a-teamers! :rolleyes:

They seem to have stopped dropping prices. It's probably because people whined constantly about price drops instead of being grateful for them so Zavvi have taken note. No more price drops, yay! :rolleyes:
Less because of the whining I think, and more because of the people cancelling and waiting for the "inevitable" price drop. Yet another instance of Zavvi ignoring their quality issues and instead choosing to focus on all other factors as "solutions".