snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: January 20th, 2014
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £19.99
Notes: Matte finish, spot gloss on title, debossed border, embossed title and MICKEY, back cover and inside artwork, 1-disc edition

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10847258-1382109664-86131.jpg

10847258-1382109664-86135.jpg

10847258-1382109664-86066.jpg

10847258-1382109664-86140.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 395
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man you gotta be blunt with them and present some logic to them. My Toy Story 3 arrived with a deep spine slash. And after a little back and forth of me explaining how a couple £ refund is not acceptable for a damaged £20 item, they sent out a replacement. Your steel is damaged way more than mine is, so you should hold your ground and get what you think is right.

+1

With the combination of Zavvi and damaged steelbooks one just needs to be patient. It helps to keep the blood pressure down :D

Obviously their CS personnel have instructions to always request pictures of the damaged item. A minor nuisance, but completely understandable, I think. They are not the only seller to do this (WOW HD comes to mind).

Often (most of the times when it has happened to me), they first offer partial refund. After that I've always informed them that to me a damaged steelbook is scrap metal, and I can't accept a partial refund. Actually, I've usually told them that already in my initial message, but by the time they get the pictures of the damaged steelbook, there's another person answering who hasn't read the original message at all... ;)

If the item is in stock, they will send a replacement; if the item is out of stock, they will process full refund.

They may or may not ask you to send the damaged item back. And they will refund the return shipping, if they ask you to return it (and you are from outside UK). For this you need to send Zavvi another email with scan of the receipt, this does not happen automatically.

It helps if one just accepts that occasionally steelbooks in these thin Zavvi boxes get damaged during shipment and the way Zavvi handles replacement claims is different from how, e.g., Amazon handles the same situation. One can work things out with Zavvi, it just takes a bit of patience :thumbs:

[Not that I've ever received a damaged steelbook from Amazon UK where the damage would've happened during transit, just a few with manufacturing damages]

I quite like this steelbook, even the back.

However in hand, it just feels really cheaply made. There's no faults or dints or anything with it, but the plastic inside doesnt sit right, and it just has an awful cheap ass feel to it
Shame :(

It's been almost 2 weeks since my Steelbook was charged and shipped! :angry: Shouldn't I have received by now? :wtf: :wtf: :angry: :violent:

I am in Southern California and some of the Zavvi steelbooks have taken up to 3 weeks or so to arrive.

It's been almost 2 weeks since my Steelbook was charged and shipped! :angry: Shouldn't I have received by now? :wtf: :wtf: :angry: :violent:

I've also had some steels arrive at least 2-3 weeks after they were dispatched from Zavvi. The timing has definitely not been consistent, so who knows if some of the delayed ones go on a longer journey through the shipping process.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
i don't know why, but "fantasia" also took longer to arrive than "wreck-it ralph", almost 2 weeks longer, even though they were shipped around the same date.
i finally got it this week.