Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
@Loony_Tic

Could you please post a link to the eBay listing? I would like to see what information the seller listed including any images.

I think others would be interested as well.

Thank you.

@Loony_Tic

Could you please post a link to the eBay listing? I would like to see what information the seller listed including any images.

I think others would be interested as well.

Thank you.
No problem the listing was:

As you can see the seller conviently didn't mention the missing number and missed off a photo that would have shown it.

I've actually just opened a case with eBay (I'd already exchanged a couple of messages with the seller about it and he was very much a case of he's no idea speak to Filmarena) suggesting the item isn't authentic, although in hindsight I probably should have just said it wasn't as described! As I've opened the seal on the hardbox I'm not sure where I stand...will have to see what happens!

If anyone is interested I can attach photos of the slips/hardbox showing the missing elements.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
No problem the listing was:

As you can see the seller conviently didn't mention the missing number and missed off a photo that would have shown it.

I've actually just opened a case with eBay (I'd already exchanged a couple of messages with the seller about it and he was very much a case of he's no idea speak to Filmarena) suggesting the item isn't authentic, although in hindsight I probably should have just said it wasn't as described! As I've opened the seal on the hardbox I'm not sure where I stand...will have to see what happens!

If anyone is interested I can attach photos of the slips/hardbox showing the missing elements.

Yes if you attach photos of the slips/hardbox then people here who have this set can probably help better explain what should be there. Unfortunately I'm not an expert about these things.

@paulboland

Yes if you attach photos of the slips/hardbox then people here who have this set can probably help better explain what should be there. Unfortunately I'm not an expert about these things.

@paulboland
@paulboland has already mentioned that there should be the standard numbering sticker and collector’s card on the slips and hardbox...so something is definitely adrift here!

Reactions: Stygian
@paulboland has already mentioned that there should be the standard numbering sticker and collector’s card on the slips and hardbox...so something is definitely adrift here!
@Loony_Tic
The numbered collectors card is only on back of the slips jcards inside the hardbox
There is no collectors card on the back hardbox itself

The Hardbox is numbered underneath

The slips themselves are also numbered underneath as well as having have numbered collectors card on back of each slip jcard

@Loony_Tic
The numbered collectors card is only on back of the slips jcards inside the hardbox
There is no collectors card on the back hardbox itself

The Hardbox is numbered underneath

The slips themselves are also numbered underneath as well as having have numbered collectors card on back of each slip jcard
@paulboland I know - that's what my previous message was meant to say (just poor wording as a result of trying to do too many things at once...and using my phone to type the message!).

Luckily the seller has agreed to me returning it for a refund. It'd still be interesting to know why they're all unnumbered and devoid of their collectors cards. In case anyone is interested attached are a couple of photos of the offending articles...(if they're too large or I shouldn't be posting them here let me know and I'll delete them)
IMG_2909 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2924 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2920 (Medium).JPG

Reactions: paulboland
@paulboland I know - that's what my previous message was meant to say (just poor wording as a result of trying to do too many things at once...and using my phone to type the message!).

Luckily the seller has agreed to me returning it for a refund. It'd still be interesting to know why they're all unnumbered and devoid of their collectors cards. In case anyone is interested attached are a couple of photos of the offending articles...(if they're too large or I shouldn't be posting them here let me know and I'll delete them)View attachment 464084View attachment 464085View attachment 464086
This would be an error on FilmArena part most likely as I doubt the seller intentionally removed the numbered stickers from hardbox and slips and collectors cards
FilmArema most likely shipped to seller like this by mistake

This happened before on another release with someone who purchase direct from FilmArena
I can't remember what release it was

These would be unnumbered until FilmArena add the numbered stickers and this one just got missed by mistake or was a sample edition shipped by mistake

This would be an error on FilmArena part most likely as I doubt the seller intentionally removed the numbered stickers from hardbox and slips and collectors cards
FilmArema most likely shipped to seller like this by mistake

This happened before on another release with someone who purchase direct from FilmArena
I can't remember what release it was

These would be unnumbered until FilmArena add the numbered stickers and this one just got missed by mistake
I don't think the seller has done this deliberately and you're right - it's most likely he received them from Filmarena like it. That said if he'd stated they were missing the numbers etc in the listing I'd not have bothered buying them!

Although if it's a Filmarena mistake I'm surprised both slips and the hardbox are unnumbered, you'd have thought at least one of them would have been alright...?

Reactions: paulboland
I don't think the seller has done this deliberately and you're right - it's most likely he received them from Filmarena like it. That said if he'd stated they were missing the numbers etc in the listing I'd not have bothered buying them!

Although if it's a Filmarena mistake I'm surprised both slips and the hardbox are unnumbered, you'd have thought at least one of them would have been alright...?
It was very likely a sample edition they shipped by mistake to seller as these would be unnumbered
It should have been spotted before been shipped but has happened before and seller should have noticed this before listing for sale especially if they have a collectors number with FilmArena

Been sealed it's possible seller did not look underneath to see it was missing been numbered and also would be not aware if contents inside was missing cards and slips not been numbered

It was very likely a sample edition they shipped by mistake to seller as these would be unnumbered
It should have been spotted before been shipped but has happened before and seller should have noticed this before listing for sale especially if they have a collectors number with FilmArena

Been sealed it's possible seller did not look underneath to see it was missing been numbered and also would be not aware if contents inside was missing cards and slips not been numbered
He definitely knew about the number on the hardbox being missing (he said as much when I queried it with him), he also said it's not the first hardbox he's sold that was missing the number. You're right about him not knowing the contents would be the same though (as it was sealed).

• Wow
Reactions: BluSteel2012
This edition without a number is probably more worth than a numbered one as it is defo the most rare item in the edition.
You could well be right and that had crossed my mind... but I decided that I'd just be happy to get my money back and not have to worry about the rest of the contents being incomplete!

I need some assistance please. Im on the site doing an order for terminator 2 and i get all the way to submit order page but have not entered a credit card number yet and there is nowhere to do so. I've not yet purchased from them directly so I made an account to get through but now I'm confused. Is this normal?? Am I missing something or do you pay after somehow.

Reactions: AlexanderTheMan
I need some assistance please. Im on the site doing an order for terminator 2 and i get all the way to submit order page but have not entered a credit card number yet and there is nowhere to do so. I've not yet purchased from them directly so I made an account to get through but now I'm confused. Is this normal?? Am I missing something or do you pay after somehow.

You need to confirm your order first. Once you do, you'll be prompted to pay by credit card, google pay, etc. If your payment fails, your order will remain open until your payment is successful. I only say this because sometimes credit cards will be fussy about accepting the charge. Not sure what country you live in, but certain credit cards work, while others don't.

Reactions: AlexanderTheMan
Dear Collectors,

let me kindly send you a short update about shipping service outside the EU.

Some countries outside the EU have been facing serious capacity problems due to Coronavirus measures. For example, in mid-April USPS (United States Postal Service) stopped processing new parcels for an unknown period. We are facing a similar situation in China, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, and other countries. Some problems we solve also inside the EU but these problems are minor.

To be able to deliver the parcels to our customers outside the EU, we have decided to find an alternative courier company for current shipments. We will be using DHL Express Service for the period when all other delivery companies have problems.

We believe that all the stuck parcels will reach you soon after the measures are released or removed.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Stay safe.

Warm regards,
Jan for Team FA

Reactions: snow flake
Hello!

How easy/difficult is it nowadays to get in on a FAC release? I've created an account and requested orders for Inception and Jaws--should I try to get in on a group buy as well? Do I stand a chance with either of these releases?

I'm new to all of this -- HiDefNinja, Premium steelbooks, FilmArena, everything. Is the release date specifiied on the listing the same date that I'll receive an order confirmation?

Alexander