Films being shown at Royal Albert Hall (with live orchestra!) 2016

Naughtius Maximus

Premium Supporter
Oct 30, 2011
So far next year....

Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark - 9th - 12th March @ 14:30 + 19:30
Gladiator 25th - 26th May 2016 @ 19:30 (I'm attending)
INDEPENDENCE DAY LIVE 22nd September @ 19:30
JURASSIC PARK IN CONCERT 3rd - 5th November @19:30 (I'm attending)
ALIENS 6th November @19:30 (I'm attending)
E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL - 28th December @ 19:30

For those unaware of what/where this is, RAH is based in London and plays live soundtrack of the films as its played on the big screen, see below:

LOTR_Albert_Hall_small.jpg

I went to see LOTR a couple of years back...it was fantastic! (they've already played godfather, star trek, fantasia, Matrix and others)

I've booked tickets for Gladiator....tempted to do Indiana as well :D

Last edited:
That looks amazing!!! I've recently discovered movie soundtracks on YouTube. Wife's been staying at her mums for the past week to look after the wee sisters while her mums away on holiday. So I've been playing soundtracks on the phone to listen to while falling asleep. Mainly lotr, hobbit, dark knight, etc

Reactions: Naughtius Maximus
So far next year....

Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark - 9th - 12th March @ 14:30 + 19:30
Gladiator 25th - 26th May 2016 @ 19:30
E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL - 28th December @ 19:30

For those unaware of what/where this is, RAH is based in London and plays live soundtrack of the films as its played on the big screen, see below:

LOTR_Albert_Hall_small.jpg

I went to see LOTR a couple of years back...it was fantastic! (they've already played godfather, star trek, fantasia, Matrix and others)

I've booked tickets for Gladiator....tempted to do Indiana as well :D

WOW!!! I'm gonna have to look into this :thumbs:

I'm off to watch Gladiator tonight - if anyone wants a programme lemme know ASAP. No idea how much they'll be, at a guess £5-8?

That is awesome. But how does the mix work with live Orchestra, and the films sound effects and dialog?
They must have someone working their ass off on the mix live while the film is playing, so the dialog and sound effects don't get drowned out.

@C.C. 95 they play over the film, the film has subtitles which does come in handy at times but the majority of the film you can hear due to the loud speakers. Great venue for Gladiator as it feels like you're in a Colosseum! :D

Pics of the screen from our seats (don't think we'll sit there again, as it was one of the cheaper prices (£30 a seat) )
IMAG5596.jpg

IMAG5598.jpg

Quick 5 sec video whilst film was on: (orchestra is infront of the screen)

Plus 26 sec clip after the credits had ended! (loved this)

@digitalbabe @apsmith21 @wxlinkswd

@C.C. 95 they play over the film, the film has subtitles which does come in handy at times but the majority of the film you can hear due to the loud speakers. Great venue for Gladiator as it feels like you're in a Colosseum! :D

Pics of the screen from our seats (don't think we'll sit there again, as it was one of the cheaper prices (£30 a seat) )
View attachment 242308
View attachment 242307

Quick 5 sec video whilst film was on: (orchestra is infront of the screen)

Plus 26 sec clip after the credits had ended! (loved this)

@digitalbabe @apsmith21 @wxlinkswd

Wow. That's amazing. So jealous!
And not only is it full orchestra - they have the full choir as well?!!
EPIC.
image.gif
2cijkf7.jpg
image.gif

• Thanks
Mondo has done this twice at Mondo Con . We saw Pieces it was pretty rad. I just wish they had subs or the audio as well. Instead it was just the score while muted movie playing. Was still a VERY cool experience. I'm sure theyll do again for Mondo Con 3 I bet.

• Thanks