PS4/PS5 Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - Steelbook

Thoth

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
Release date: February 29, 2024
Purchase links: Collector's Edition SQ-ENIX - Deluxe Edition SQ-ENIX
Price: £349.99 (Collector's Edition) - £99.99 (Deluxe Edition)
Notes: No SteelBook photo for Deluxe Edition yet so not sure if it's the same or not.

FFVIIREBIRTH_CE_Beauty_1920x1080_EN_PEGI__95277.1694731313.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Friendly
Reactions: walkintom
I will check with my people at GAME when I go by again next. But from how it sounds on their page, by pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition you should also get their GAME exclusive steelbook.

I really hope the Square Enix store gets the steelbook extra aswell…they always have extra goodies and it’s weird I haven’t seen anything yet when it’s directly from their own website.

The flags from FFXVI were neat…small but still nice

Reactions: NateDog
Read rumours GAME is reopening in Ireland soonish so I wonder if I could hold out on ordering this now if I could get those two steelbooks here.

You can cancel with Square, I ordered with them originally until I saw GAME had 2 Steelbooks and then cancelled it
The Manage Order is no longer available, you only have a option to buy again
Screenshot_20230929-003432.jpg

Also
Once an order has been paid for it cannot be cancelled. If you want to cancel an unpaid pre-order, please submit a ticket with your details, and make sure to enter your order number and select “Cancel an Order” as reason for contact.
But they changed you straight away now
So I'm intrigued how you managed this.

You should be allowed to cancel regardless of their T&C. It's your consumer rights. Just send them a message and request cancellation.

I wonder if this steelbook will fit 2 Discs for the physical version of the game? Since this title will be 2 discs on PS5.

Yesterday, they announced which I'm happy to hear that- Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition is 2 discs with all DLC on disc(s).

For those buying on the Square Enix store (EU) I asked them directly and someone confirmed there will be no extra goodies bundled with the order including the extra steelbook GAME are doing

I find it super weird as the Square Enix store has always done something

I'm in the process of cancelling now

23.png

Reactions: NateDog
Yesterday, they announced which I'm happy to hear that- Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition is 2 discs with all DLC on disc(s).
yep, everything on disc, love it!
one shop where i buy my at/uk pegi versions wont sell it... dont know why. and the other shop only sell the german version, f#ck.

For those buying on the Square Enix store (EU) I asked them directly and someone confirmed there will be no extra goodies bundled with the order including the extra steelbook GAME are doing

I find it super weird as the Square Enix store has always done something

I'm in the process of cancelling now

View attachment 564832
That's a shame, nothing appearing on the preorder page is the reason why I haven't ordered yet. Guess I won't be doing it at all from there now.

That's a shame, nothing appearing on the preorder page is the reason why I haven't ordered yet. Guess I won't be doing it at all from there now.
Yeah I’m not going to bother now if they don’t get anything. I’ve told them that aswell when I replied about cancelling the order, just seems so weird that their own store won’t do any goodies but other retailers will

Reminds me of the release of the Remake, in America I’m sure it was GameStop who had a Shinra employee card preorder bonus which was a super cool little goodie, something from the games universe. The Square Enix store got a lanyard…a lanyard for their pre order bonus

It literally made no sense

Yeah I’m not going to bother now if they don’t get anything. I’ve told them that aswell when I replied about cancelling the order, just seems so weird that their own store won’t do any goodies but other retailers will

Reminds me of the release of the Remake, in America I’m sure it was GameStop who had a Shinra employee card preorder bonus which was a super cool little goodie, something from the games universe. The Square Enix store got a lanyard…a lanyard for their pre order bonus

It literally made no sense
GameStop closed down here (Ireland) recently, and while I never liked giving them business, they were good for bonuses or bigger editions. We have Smyths here who are great, always had great service ever since I was a kid there and always been the cheapest even when GAME, GS and HMV were here but they rarely do anything like bonuses unless it's a Nintendo release. There have been rumours GAME are reopening here but I'm not sure if it'll happen, and if it does then I don't know if there'll still be copies of their version with it, everything has been a bit strange since Brexit. No harm in waiting though if I'm not missing out elsewhere.

How did you manage?

Sorry it took me a while to get round to this but there was an option hidden on the site where you can submit an enquiry request with them, I requested a cancellation that way and they refunded me pretty quick, no issues. Pain in the arse to find it mind but they should accept the request.

Reactions: Coolsambob
For anyone that normally orders with GAME, do they tend to sell out of deluxe editions like this or are the bonuses limited? I sort of forgot I could just go across the border and pick it up, here in the ROI we only really have Smyths now that are selling games and they aren't doing the deluxe edition at all. Might just do a click and collect order for Newry which isn't too big of a trek for me but I can't order it for a few weeks.

For anyone that normally orders with GAME, do they tend to sell out of deluxe editions like this or are the bonuses limited? I sort of forgot I could just go across the border and pick it up, here in the ROI we only really have Smyths now that are selling games and they aren't doing the deluxe edition at all. Might just do a click and collect order for Newry which isn't too big of a trek for me but I can't order it for a few weeks.

Hard to say, depends how hyped the game is. There's times when the Special/Deluxe Editions are not selling well and then they go on sale after release (Such as Dead Island 2, Street Fighter Steelbook Edition etc.) but then Lies of P sold out before release. My guess is that even if it sells out at GAME it will show up on eBay for less. Both FF7 Remake and FF XVI have gone on eBay post release for 25-50% cheaper than the pre-order. And pre-order bonuses such as extra steelbooks will flood the market as people will try to get back some money for buying the game.

Hard to say, depends how hyped the game is. There's times when the Special/Deluxe Editions are not selling well and then they go on sale after release (Such as Dead Island 2, Street Fighter Steelbook Edition etc.) but then Lies of P sold out before release. My guess is that even if it sells out at GAME it will show up on eBay for less. Both FF7 Remake and FF XVI have gone on eBay post release for 25-50% cheaper than the pre-order. And pre-order bonuses such as extra steelbooks will flood the market as people will try to get back some money for buying the game.
Unless it's the Intermission/Intergrade steelbook in which case they're rare as rocking horse sh*t and incredibly overpriced when they do come up :offtopic:

Reactions: Thoth