UK
Release date: February 18, 2019
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Zoom
Price: £29.99

12016235-1654640826129510.jpg
01-449387.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
That's a great price! Does anyone know how their packaging is? I've only ever ordered digibooks from them and not steels.

Thank god they left the front title-less so we could all enjoy that... large empty black area that is clearly left open for a title by whoever made the image for this?

Another pass I'm afraid.

Reactions: ChrisIW
I actually do agree that Steelbook collecting isn't what it used to be. for me, personally, the "don't buy them then" approach applies more and more and I now find myself buying less Steelbook due to poor artwork
That being said, I think the updated artwork for this release is fitting for the content and looks pretty classy. hopefully it'll have a gloss finish

Reactions: lgans316
Got to admit I prefer the France exclusive steelbook despite its derivative nature:-
1547066348528.png

That said plenty of good to great WWA steelbooks around :thumbs:

I actually do agree that Steelbook collecting isn't what it used to be. for me, personally, the "don't buy them then" approach applies more and more and I now find myself buying less Steelbook due to poor artwork
That being said, I think the updated artwork for this release is fitting for the content and looks pretty classy. hopefully it'll have a gloss finish
I also think it fits. The artwork clearly gives a lonely impression (first man). The “first man” is small and has a long shadow, surrounded by lots of black and nothing there, giving it even more that impression.

The original art made no sense at all. It’s just a man with a helm. The colorful (romantic) image, well, on the moon there’s not that much of it. Too romantic.

I’m glad they switched.

The artwork in the post from @virkia above would as helm artwork be a lot better.

oh, they changed the artwork... what a disappointment.
Also, I thought this steel was HMV exclusive...

oh, they changed the artwork... what a disappointment.
Also, I thought this steel was HMV exclusive...
It was until they went in to administration recently. Now all the exclusives they had lined up are being offered to other retailers.

Same happened when they went in to administration last time, with the planned Skyfall exclusive taken up by Amazon.

Reactions: Funashi
It was until they went in to administration recently. Now all the exclusives they had lined up are being offered to other retailers.

Same happened when they went in to administration last time, with the planned Skyfall exclusive taken up by Amazon.
In fact I've just read that any potential buyers have got until tomorrow to table their bids, otherwise that could be the last we see of HMV, sadly.