First Man (4K+2D & Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 21) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Total voters
Feb 21, 2017
Release date: May 24, 2019
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip A (4K) - Full Slip B (4K) - Lenti (2D) - (Pre-order April 12 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $164.97 (One Click) - $48.99 (Full Slip A or B) - $43.99 (Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip A (4K) - Full Slip B (4K) - Lenti (2D)
Notes: One Click 400 sets, Full Slip A 800, Full Slip B 800, Lenti 900

box_33060ce2-58bb-4a9a-9132-5106c2807d34.jpgFS_A.jpgFS_B.jpgLS_19130b4a-24ad-4276-bfdb-98e301b1bea2.jpg
first_man_steel_1024x1024.jpg
- One Click:

Outer Cover - Astronaut suit inspired cover made with fabric and patches

Inner Box - Scratch Resistance Coating + Foil + Embossing

- Full Slip A: Scratch Resistance Coating + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Full Slip B: Holofoil + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Scratch Resistance Coating + Silver Foil + Glossy + Embossing

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope

- Full Slip-A:

Scratch Resistance Coating + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope

- Full Slip B:

Holofoil + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope

- Lenticular Full Slip:

Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Scratch Resistance Coating + Silver Foil + Glossy + Embossing

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope
0AE906A2-B360-4228-B357-015F7BFCB921.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am slighty disappointed with the Lenti. I feel it could have had more depth. A little flat looking (Dare I say, like a Zavvi lenti?). Or maybe the image just doesn't lend itself to making a deep lenticular image. Maybe I should have thought about that before purchasing, huh? Colors are gorgeous, though.
Still thinking about this the same, I think it´s caused by the image chosen, it just can´t be better than this. The depth is visible mostly only down left side as a space behind his helmet, otherwise most part of the image seems to be flat. But like you said, colors are gorgeous and it´s sharp as ****, so Manta delivers again.

Do you open yours?
I felt the same until I opened it. Looked darker and less depth behind the shrink wrap

But Full Slip B is the clear winner here imo. Just wish I went for that one

I will open it soon

It does look a bit better opened. I will say that.
But yeah, it’s not often with manta I get annoyed I didnt order a different slip but this was one of those cases

It does look a bit better opened. I will say that.
But yeah, it’s not often with manta I get annoyed I didnt order a different slip but this was one of those cases

I still didn´t open it because I wasn´t sure If to keep the lenti or fullslip A so I let them both grow on me, and even though I probably like the artwork on slip A more and fits the movie better, I just can´t get me to like how the slip is done and executed :dunno:....that´s why I always go for lenti with Manta coz I just don´t like their fullslips much and their lentis are one of the best out there.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Do you open yours?
I felt the same until I opened it. Looked darker and less depth behind the shrink wrap

But Full Slip B is the clear winner here imo. Just wish I went for that one
I opened mine and it does look a lot better. The polybag is really dirty and I am sure that contributed to the flat look initially.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Has any members who ordered on Friday/Saturday Full Slip B had their order shipped yet

I ordered on Saturday and usually Manta ship orders quickly after restock listed

Full Slip B is still listed as in stock

Has any members who ordered on Friday/Saturday Full Slip B had their order shipped yet

I ordered on Saturday and usually Manta ship orders quickly after restock listed

Full Slip B is still listed as in stock
I ordered an Aquaman slip on Saturday and it's still showing on tracking that sender is preparing item for posting. Normally it be sent straight away like you say

I ordered an Aquaman slip on Saturday and it's still showing on tracking that sender is preparing item for posting. Normally it be sent straight away like you say
Your order has been shipped if you have a tracking number.

My order has not been shipped yet

I don't have tracking as I not yet got shipped notice from Manta

My order status in my account is listed as Unfulfilled

Glad to see John got you sorted :thanks: which slip do you like best? A or B?
Yes, he was understanding and supportive. That's what makes Manta so special (besides their great quality slips and steels, of course).

Although B looks great in hand, too, I think A is just a little bit better. Especially because of its stunning backside, the footprint on the moon surface. But you can't go wrong with either edition. Just like @DMD4k has posted a bit earlier: grab 'em while you can. ;)

Reactions: Skyarcke and DMD4k
Yes, he was understanding and supportive. That's what makes Manta so special (besides their great quality slips and steels, of course).

Although B looks great in hand, too, I think A is just a little bit better. Especially because of its stunning backside, the footprint on the moon surface. But you can't go wrong with either edition. Just like @DMD4k has posted a bit earlier: grab 'em while you can. ;)

I really appreciate it! Full slip A secured :thumbs:

Reactions: CleverLoginName