First Man (Possible Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.?) [Hong Kong]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Reactions
59,259 37 0
One of my most anticipated films of the year, so you can bet your ass I'm up for this!

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
27,111 10 0
Have no idea what this

Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Reactions
1,667 7 0
Have no idea what this
Ryan Gosling is Neil Armstrong. About the first landing on the moon. It was well received at the Toronto International Film Festival in September. Also very controversial in the United States for what was left out. They're calling it unamerican. :rolleyes:

Flloydo

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
27,111 10 0
New Ryan Gosling film :)
Ryan Gosling is Neil Armstrong. About the first landing on the moon. It was well received at the Toronto International Film Festival in September. Also very controversial in the United States for what was left out. They're calling it unamerican. :rolleyes:
Oh I really want to see that. Looks awesome. Love gosling and Chazelle so I’m 100% in

Just forgot it was called that

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, USA
Reactions
32,327 7 0
It's not. Gosling just said some dumb Sh*t. The U.S. flag is on the moon in the movie. It was a tempest in a teapot.

Mar 12, 2018
Spain
Reactions
3,639 47 0
This should be an instant classic.

Jul 7, 2016
Edmonton, Canada
Reactions
673 0 0
It's not. Gosling just said some dumb Sh*t. The U.S. flag is on the moon in the movie. It was a tempest in a teapot.
Did he even say anything dumb? I thought all he said was essentially the movie focuses on the human triumph of going to space/landing on the moon and emphasized a bit less about it being an American accomplishment. And then the right wingers got all pissy about it.

Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Reactions
1,667 7 0
As usual the reaction was from people who haven't even seen the film and probably never will.

Oct 1, 2017
Reactions
151 0 0
space movies everytime have been my favorites. i am waiting both movie and Manta's edition impatiently.

Dec 22, 2011
Mom's Basement
Reactions
2,941 1 0
As someone who lives in a very cramped apartment (too many steels have something to do with that), I appreciate a movie about space.;)

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, USA
Reactions
32,327 7 0
Did he even say anything dumb? I thought all he said was essentially the movie focuses on the human triumph of going to space/landing on the moon and emphasized a bit less about it being an American accomplishment. And then the right wingers got all pissy about it.
Landing on the moon WAS an American accomplishment. The rest of the world had nothing to do with it.

Flloydo

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
27,111 10 0
Landing on the moon WAS an American accomplishment. The rest of the world had nothing to do with it.
Still also an accomplishment of man and the human race regardless of what country did it. If it even happened that Is lol :naughty:

(I like to believe it did)

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, USA
Reactions
32,327 7 0
Still also an accomplishment of man and the human race regardless of what country did it. If it even happened that Is lol :naughty:

(I like to believe it did)
I take umbrage with the idea that all American accomplishmenta are are world/human accomplishments.
It was all done with American ingenuity and Know-how. If the world would like to retroactively kick in the $$ spent on Mercury and Apollo programs, maybe we can talk.
(Likewise, I won't call the Renaissance a "world/human" achievement- that was all Europe. And god bless them for that.)