Forrest Gump (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: May 7, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Saturday April 7 at around 6PM UK time)
Price: £15.99

11718446-8964565401077612.jpg

OK, maybe not as handsome as the previous white steelbook - and it's truly one of the whitest white UK steelbooks - but still tasty enough for a second bite:-
upload_2018-4-6_19-6-8.png
------------------
upload_2018-4-6_19-7-37.png

upload_2018-4-6_19-6-46.png
-----------------
upload_2018-4-6_19-8-30.png

Front image one of the more famous scenes in the film and seen on the front of many home video and FG products ... in white 99% of the time.
Other colours around though ... especially on the wall hangings:-
upload_2018-4-6_19-24-51.png
upload_2018-4-6_19-26-1.png
upload_2018-4-6_19-27-3.png
upload_2018-4-6_19-28-2.png
upload_2018-4-6_19-29-30.png
clear-495a83e08fc8e5d7569efe6339a1228ee08292fa1f2bee8e0be6532990cb3852.gif
clear-495a83e08fc8e5d7569efe6339a1228ee08292fa1f2bee8e0be6532990cb3852.gif
upload_2018-4-6_19-33-52.png
etc.

Last edited:
Sold out! Whatever Zavvi....like are you only selling 10 copies!....complete and utter Zavvi BS again....like people are saying "my god I really need that new Forrest Gump steelbook...buy buy buy!"....stop trying to fool us Zavvi with your ridiculous marketing strategy....its boring us!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: yardman
Wow this is sold out,do i really need it, i already have the white one,anyone already have white edition buying this also.

This might be another release with very limited amount of stock allocated to UK

It's a shared print run in Europe so it's possible

I not seen any details yet regarding amount of stock provided to Zavvi it might be a error on website listed as sold out but I expect it's not

Gladiator for example was only 500 allocated to UK

Don't be surprised if some other releases end up with very limited amount of stock for UK that are part of a shared print run in europe

I not seen any details yet regarding amount of stock provided to Zavvi it might be a error on website listed as sold out but I expect it's not

Don't be surprised if some other releases end up with very limited amount of stock for UK that are part of a shared print run in europe
I think it’s shared again with Amazon IT.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
There have been a few Zavvi discs recently which have sold out within minutes of being released. At least 3 titles I wanted I didn't get and that was after clicking the link from Zavvi right away. So something funny is going on. I"m now paying attention to the likes of amazon Italy and Germany because of this.

Wish they say if its so limited might have double dipped on this as well as gladiators both of which i had a chance to buy.
But have them already from few years back.
Not sure if orginal from hmv but back in the day i was buying from play,hmv and zavvi.
Zavvi seems be the ones after play finished up to take out crazy amounts of steels.
Which got me kicked off only just started getting into the steelbooks again. Shame i stopped as missed a hell of a lot of cool editions.
But wish they would take out steelbooks not out before not rather than just different art etc.
But then saying that some harder to find steels its good to get that them again in different art when it was missed first time around.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Wish they say if its so limited might have double dipped on this as well as gladiators both of which i had a chance to buy.
But have them already from few years back.
Not sure if orginal from hmv but back in the day i was buying from play,hmv and zavvi.
Zavvi seems be the ones after play finished up to take out crazy amounts of steels.
Which got me kicked off only just started getting into the steelbooks again. Shame i stopped as missed a hell of a lot of cool editions.
But wish they would take out steelbooks not out before not rather than just different art etc.
But then saying that some harder to find steels its good to get that them again in different art when it was missed first time around.
Zavvi had not listed qty's available with lot of releases in past year previously they used to
Yes it would help if email listed qty available but in cases of a release limited to 500 by the time you got the new release email it could be sold out anyway as most releases go live before you get the emails

They would need to make it known before going live if very limited so customers would know in advance