Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
May be available via:
http://www.foxconnect.com
http://www.bestbuy.com

fc_logo.png

Comic-Con-Logo.jpeg

(Nov.6, 2013) SPECIAL PROMOTION: Use code FLASH to get each of these for $10 - maximum of only 4 per code per account.

IGN said:
In honor of San Diego Comic Con 2013, 20th Century Fox is revealing and releasing all-new SDCC exclusive covers for some of its classic sci-fi Blu-rays, cult classic blu-rays and horror classic blu-rays. Check out the cover graphics below:

These SDCC exclusive packages will only be available to those on the Comic-Con floor and also available during the show run on FoxConnect.com for ordering. A very limited number were created, so you'll have to act fast. Additionally, The Fly has never been on Blu-ray before and is slated to be officially released wide on September 10, so this allows fans to buy it in exclusive packaging two months before everyone else (and as a special collectible).

Wave 2013
1uJfeY9.jpg
IXDIRNZ.jpg
yviZAQd.jpg

VtY7vUS.jpg
YdTCjPH.jpg
86NZfSu.jpg

vhrWDf0.jpg
dPIAPt7.jpg
ScawxC0.jpg

Wave 2014
sdcc-jpg.85196

Wave 2015
1-jpg.169524
2-jpg.169525
3-jpg.169526
4-jpg.169527
5-jpg.169528
8-jpg.169531
9-jpg.169561
10-jpg.169562
7-jpg.169530
6-jpg.169529

Attachments

• SDCC.jpg
    SDCC.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:
@C.C. 95 Aliens is a super strong design. Like something Miles Tsang would make.

You say these SDCC slips are for people who value exclusivity over art and than you're also in the Mondo forum asking why Mondo is so special.

I'll ask again, do you even art, bro?
That is a strange question. I appreciate some Mondo work. I also have eyes. All Mondo work is virtually identical.
I also love the Steadman Breaking Bad steelbooks. I don't want all of them looking that way though.
If the art does not speak to the movie it is representing, then I could care less about the artistic value.
This is considered great, and rare and collectable...
image.jpg

You gonna "art that" for 2K?

@C.C. 95 Aliens is a super strong design. Like something Miles Tsang would make.

You say these SDCC slips are for people who value exclusivity over art and than you're also in the Mondo forum asking why Mondo is so special.

I'll ask again, do you even art, bro?
That is a strange question. I appreciate some Mondo work. I also have eyes. All Mondo work is virtually identical.
I also love the Steadman Breaking Bad steelbooks. I don't want all of them looking that way though.
If the art does not speak to the movie it is representing, then I could care less about the artistic value.
View attachment 170101

View attachment 170101

couldn't care less*

I don't understand why people keep referring to the Aliens cover as Alien. Those are two different movies. This new one is for Aliens, ya know--the sequel. Not the first movie, Alien.
How can I get my hands on one of these?
The links were up on Best Buy website for a short time, but they currently state "This item is no longer available" (not Out of Stock--"no longer available").

View attachment 170101
Dude, you need to get your stories straight. One minute you're stating that you dislike these versions because they value exclusivity over artistic value. Now you're saying that you don't even care about artistic value (or are you saying that you do care about artistic value over the representation of the movie..."could care less" is a very ambiguous phrase--but I assume that you meant "couldn't care less"). And if you really don't care about the artistic value and only that the art "represents" the movie well, then you should have loved the 2013 Comic Con wave. That was barely art; it just used an icon from the film (well, almost the same for the 2014 wave--it was just iconography).
So, seriously, WTF do you want? From the sounds of it, it seems like the basic poster art or floating head imagery that is used on a lot of standard amarays might be right up your alley. Those represent the movie very well.

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut
I don't understand why people keep referring to the Aliens cover as Alien. Those are two different movies. This new one is for Aliens, ya know--the sequel. Not the first movie, Alien.

The links were up on Best Buy website for a short time, but they currently state "This item is no longer unavailable" (not Out of Stock--"unavailable").

Dude, you need to get your stories straight. One minute you're stating that you dislike these versions because they value exclusivity over artistic value. Now you're saying that you don't even care about artistic value (or are you saying that you do care about artistic value over the representation of the movie..."could care less" is a very ambiguous phrase--but I assume that you meant "couldn't care less"). And if you really don't care about the artistic value and only that the art "represents" the movie well, then you should have loved the 2013 Comic Con wave. That was barely art; it just used an icon from the film (well, almost the same for the 2014 wave--it was just iconography).
So, seriously, WTF do you want? From the sounds of it, it seems like the basic poster art or floating head imagery that is used on a lot of standard amarays might be right up your alley. Those represent the movie very well.
How about Drew Struzan, Bob Peak, etc. over Iconic Art & PopArt?
There is a good delineation of what I mean. Real movie art.
And I despise giant floating heads art.

So...

What has happened with these? Are they only available at SDCC? Best Buy is still showing; 'This item is no longer available.'

SDCC exclusives. They may appear on FoxConnect during SDCC week. The last couple lines showed up on there, so this one probably will, too.

Reactions: vläd
Yah, thanks for the head's up!

But I'm having issues checking out. BB's site is telling me to select a store before I can check out, but these are only available for shipping.

Every title is available at BestBuy.com except for Big Trouble in Little China. The reason they are telling you to select a store is so you can pick up the Batman movie gift bag, only available for store pick-up. I can't get my zip code to show any stores in my area to pick up this bag so I clicked "remove" and I was able to continue on and place my order. Of course by doing this I won't get the bag, but that's life.

Yep! The free gift bag is what is causing the problem, you have to delete that to proceed with the order. I entered 25-30 zip codes from all across the country, and none of them worked for the bag. BB's customer support had no clue as to what is going on, they just said to delete the free bag.

Update. Big Trouble in Little China is indeed available. A search on the Best Buy site does not show the title, but a link from another site takes you right to it. So all 10 ordered, but once again had to remove free Comic Con bag from order.

Thanks for the heads up @MGD

I ordered Aliens, Terminator, Commando, Mad Max and the Spaceballs Variant. I might go back and get a few more. The Batman slip looks pretty slick but I really don't have any interest in owning the movie. Still waffling on X-Men, Super Troopers and Big Trouble.

I hope they're in black cases again. @mllNY any chance of an in person update?

Reactions: MGD